Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 4,668 times

Advertisements

Looking for a high end premiere building. I'm willing to spend up to $3000/month for a 1 bedroom in the Miracle Mile or the Grove area. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Palazzo Communities by the Grove are exactly what you are looking for. High end luxury living and some of the highest rent in the city. 2000 for a one bedroom would be cheap there. It's a building where they cater to your needs. There you have it.

Don't bother with Park La Brea, it's below your price range and has a horrible reputation

Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM

135 posts, read 476,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Palazzo Communities by the Grove are exactly what you are looking for. High end luxury living and some of the highest rent in the city. 2000 for a one bedroom would be cheap there. It's a building where they cater to your needs. There you have it.

Don't bother with Park La Brea, it's below your price range and has a horrible reputation
Interesting D-lan. Can you expound on the horrible rep that Park LaBrea has. I always looked upon it as a fairly nice complex; of course looking from the outside, in.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 PM

132 posts, read 364,381 times
I rent at Park La Brea and I like it. The "horrible reputation" has always mystified me. It's middle-class rental.

The units are quiet; the grounds are very open and green, not closed in and claustrophobic like the more expensive stuff surrounding it. In the towers you get student noise occasionally (one bad party-apartment can wreck a rental environment anywhere you go) but it comes in through open windows, not through walls and floors. The townhouse units are like having your own little house. Upscale though it is not, so it wouldn't suit the original poster.

Some people on the internet have complained maintenance is slow. My experience is that in an emergency they are right there, if it's not an emergency it might take a few days or even weeks, but that's OK. I'm a landlord too so I'm a little more understanding about stuff like that.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Just google Park La Brea, or look at the reviews of it on Yelp. I never lived here, I've only visited. Then again 10,000 (I think) people live there and most seem to get by okay. Maybe it's the fact that it's such a large complex that the minority of complainers seems so much more prevalent.

But for the OP's purposes, Palazzo is perfect. Park La Brea is for middle class incomes, Palazzo is for higher incomes.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:28 PM

363 posts, read 557,372 times
Park LaBrea is a solid old building. Some of the buildings need serious renovation.

I figure for 3K, rent something other than Park LaBrea.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 4,668 times
Thanks everyone. Is there anything negative about the Palazzo Communities? Otherwise it sounds too good to be true. Would anyone know how long the commute is from the Palazzo to the Disney Studios in Burbank if I need to be there at 8AM? Also I plan on leaving Burbank around 6:30PM - how long is the return commute back to the Palazzo?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM

As the next door neighbor to the Palazzo (in the seasons when I'm not the next door neighbor to Santa), I find it very dense. Looks absolutely beautiful and very upscale and I'm sure it is, but if the exposure of your unit isn't right, your unit might not get much natural light. I think the people living there are a bit nuts, actually, that they will pay that much for a setting that so closed-in and claustrophobic. But that's because natural light and green space matters to me, it might not matter as much to you. You might be able to get a unit on a higher floor and not facing a building wall, and in that case it might be wonderful.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:42 PM

... on the commute, at those hours I would guess it might take up to an hour. If you can do it on off hours it's around a half hour, or faster, but I would assume a half hour as you can always get stuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles