Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 49,115 times

Advertisements

Quick,

I am a middle aged disabled lady who is in need of information leading to a decent, respectible, low income, disabled 2 bdrm house or apartment.

I pay my bills on time and mind my own business. I am currently in Los Angeles and would like to live near my married children and grandchildren in Signal Hill and Long beach.

Please contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 49,115 times
Default How do I negotiate with a home owner over husband's home distruction?

I am reposting this question because I added my phone number (I think) and do not know if I can or cannot do that.

Now, How do I negotiate with a home or apartment owner if my husband tried to repair broken things around the house and made them worse? I pay my rent and utilities on time and my credit isn't bad.

I am a disabled/low income grandmother and can assure the new owner that that will never happen again. How do I convince someone? Do I even have to tell them? I would like to do the honest thing...besides sometimes people can find out things somewhere down the line.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:26 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2noit2 View Post
I am reposting this question because I added my phone number (I think) and do not know if I can or cannot do that.

Now, How do I negotiate with a home or apartment owner if my husband tried to repair broken things around the house and made them worse? I pay my rent and utilities on time and my credit isn't bad.

I am a disabled/low income grandmother and can assure the new owner that that will never happen again. How do I convince someone? Do I even have to tell them? I would like to do the honest thing...besides sometimes people can find out things somewhere down the line.
if you didn't intentionally trash the place, and you took responsibility and paid for the damage from your security deposit or upon request of the landlord without making a fuss, i don't see any reason for you or the landlord to mention it to anyone. that's what security deposits are for. true story: on the day i was moving out of my last apartment, one of the people helping me move walked through the screen door. BOOM! $120 deduction from my deposit! (probably too much, but LL claimed it was a custom size. who could argue?) **** happens!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM

184 posts, read 353,399 times
You might want to take a look at this site
City of Long Beach, CA - Housing Authority (http://www.longbeach.gov/cd/housing/default.asp - broken link)

It is the site for the Housing Authority in Long Beach. You might be able to contact them to see if they could help you out.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 12,077 times
I am a middle aged married woman, I am disabled, my husband is out of work so currently we depend on my disability income, we are about to lose our home, (foreclosure) are their any houses or apartments for rent affordable for a person that only has disability income? if not what do we do?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 10,331 times
i am a 42 year old disabled woman in need of clean safe affordable housing lost my condo in forclusure now looking for affordable rental property that i can pay with my soc sec disability i want to bring my family together i not only miss us all being together but need their assistance. would love something clean safe and affordable can you help me please? godbless

Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
How many times is this thread going to get rehashed. did you all know you may want to start a new thread when the one you are posting in is three years old.

Sharene, Not sure how to help you. Most low income places have a list, meaning that you will get a call in a year or two that they have something for you. You may need to rent a room somewhere. Maybe suggest babysitting in exchange for a room. Their may be working mothers that would go for such an arangement. Other than living with another family member that may have a place now. You may also consider calling your city housing authority and see what they can do for you.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 8,594 times
I know that this thread is 3 years old.....but I placed the original one three years ago for my friend. We thought that I'd put an ad up and she would use all of the emails to help herself...

So far, I've learned that the housing situation is not the same as it was about fifteen years ago. It really is difficult to get a house when you are homeless.

Someone else mentioned baby sitting and I am living proof that that can be used as a spring board. After I got out of the air force I took a live-in baby sitting job. My bosses sent me to school for my nanny's certificate and to various week long cooking classes. It is easier to live with a stranger sometimes than it is to live with a family member until you can get on your feet.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:44 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnell1 View Post
I am a middle aged married woman, I am disabled, my husband is out of work so currently we depend on my disability income, we are about to lose our home, (foreclosure) are their any houses or apartments for rent affordable for a person that only has disability income? if not what do we do?
You're husband goes out and gets two minimum wage jobs.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
How many times is this thread going to get rehashed. did you all know you may want to start a new thread when the one you are posting in is three years old.
i have seen this happen lot of CD and i am guilty of it as well. and i know why it happens- CD posts what they believe to be pertinent threads at the bottom of the page when you are searching for something. so i may be reading a new thread about gangs then i see another thread...."is everyone in LA a gangster?" so i have to check that one out to say, "Nuh, uh, what?" i have done that before and the post is like, three years old. why don't they automatically lock threads past a certain age? then we wouldn't be saying this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles