Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublehh03 View Post

i actually don't mind driving 1-2 hrs one way b/c i like to drive and i love my care. but wanting to hear opinions from the more experienced people.

You will mind if you do that commute. Stop and go and staring at the rear of the car ahead of you for miles will wear on you.

[I would not do that commute]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
how is it a troll post? OP seems sincere, isnt trying to pick a fight, and i have heard of people attempting commutes similarly crazy like this (but they never last)

Ridiculous time frames, ignores the worst traffic areas of his drive(either 405 or 10), cites ludicrous salary(100K+ out of school) and commitments(must buy his parents a house ZOMG WTF?!?!?!), etc...need I continue?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 AM

4 posts, read 6,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Ridiculous time frames, ignores the worst traffic areas of his drive(either 405 or 10), cites ludicrous salary(100K+ out of school) and commitments(must buy his parents a house ZOMG WTF?!?!?!), etc...need I continue?
1) i just graduated from pharmacy school so 100k+ is the typical pay rate
2) and yes, i need to buy my parents a house ASAP. seeing your parents living in the same ass apartment since they came to america will do that to you.

3) again, im just trying to get advice from the more experienced people. with the saturation of the pharmacy profession in orange county, they moved me to LA.

again, i appreciate the great advice. like i said, the commute from OC to LA is not too bad for me. and i'm trying to negotiate with my boss about the malibu place (i do agree it's a ridiculous commute).

any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,013 times
From Malibu to SM is quite a pleasant drive especially if you can shift away from “rush hour”the rest of your proposed commute is not.
If you have to do it then do it for a limited period save up and buy closer to Malibu.
I think your best option is not to work in Malibu,did you not wonder why you were able to get the job in Malibu?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,918,182 times
Wont the 'savings' of living in Orange County be eaten up by all the gas money you'll be spending? I wouldn't be surprised if gas hit $5/gallon this summer.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
From Malibu to SM is quite a pleasant drive especially if you can shift away from “rush hour”the rest of your proposed commute is not.
If you have to do it then do it for a limited period save up and buy closer to Malibu.
I think your best option is not to work in Malibu,did you not wonder why you were able to get the job in Malibu?
You can live very cheaply in very nice areas with a under 1 hour commute to Malibu. Simply rent a room in a house in Topanga Cyn. Or if unavailable, there's def shared living arangements on the other side of the mountains in Tarzana or Woodland Hills at $500-700/mo.

Which of course indicates what a ridiculous troll post this thread really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles