Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM

20 posts, read 55,788 times

Advertisements

i honestly believe that Racism will be with us and there's no way you can completely eradicate that.
think of it as murder, rape, robbery, war etc.

But the good thing is Most people are changing their attitude towards it. and it's for the BEST.
go back in American History.. Segragation... Slavery... those were dark times to be African American.

and everyone can be a Racist.. even Blacks or Asians can be to other people of different ethnicity.
think of it this way.. how many people do you know in your life? whether they're white, asian, black, hispanic etc.. and how many do you Honestly Believe are racist.

Think long and hard and you'll realize that the "racist" is only a small percentage of the people around you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 02:43 AM

43 posts, read 481,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Asian View Post
Country music? heavy metal? Rock?
naa, we made that too Chuck Berry anyone?? The only reason hip-hop doesn;t have white rappers taking over is because even though it is owned by white people they can market a black artist to a white audience now.

Back then they couldn't I remember a quote that was supposed to be from Elvis's manager saying "if I make a white boy sing and dance like a black boy; well I can make some money". That's the truth

Old 04-24-2011, 11:51 AM

559 posts, read 1,374,743 times
Quote:
I just wanna know which night club or bar has smooth jazz guitar music in California?

i dont wanna go to LA too scared of being murdered or mugged so i prefer OC area.
Check the LA Weekly: LA Weekly Music Events: Jazz

I think that the chance of getting murdered or mugged at an LA jazz club is very low but if your prefer OC, check out the OC Weekly's (much smaller) listings: OC Weekly Music Events: Jazz

The Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theatre usually have very nice Jazz events and they're very safe, unless you fall down the stairs.

Check the "Events" section of smooth jazz FM 94.7, The Wave's website: 94.7 The Wave (http://947thewave.radio.com/' - broken link)

Looks like they have a WAVEFEST coming up at the Greek in May as well as the Newport Beach Jazz Festival on May 14 & 15.

If you like George Benson, circa the Breezin' and Weekend in L.A. albums, you might like Wes Montgomery (I can recommend Bumpin'), who was an obvious influence.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM

5,861 posts, read 15,195,799 times
Honestly though, are there any jazz clubs in Los Angeles? You know, like the Blue Note in New York, Jazz Alley in Seattle or Blues Alley in DC?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 PM

12,310 posts, read 8,032,511 times
The Baked Potato
and
Catalina Bar & Grill come to mind.

Besides the LA Weekly the online LA Jazz comes to mind as a resource

Old 09-21-2014, 10:27 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintoncountry View Post
What do you call white music?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:51 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,626,681 times
You could go to the Jazz Bakery in Culver City.

Oh, wait. It isn't in OC so you might get murdered.

Never mind.

The Jazz Bakery

Old 09-23-2014, 10:11 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,168,214 times
Quote:
Country music? heavy metal? Rock?
Rock is originally black music FYI, as is House music. And Techno too I believe.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:38 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,420,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
The music that whites like who dislike contemporary Afro-American inspired music, ie: modern R&B, Soul, Rap, hip-hop and similar. And usually despise anything about Afro-American culture, mainly because it is...
Afro_American.
This is very apparent to all except for those who clearly prefer rock over R&B or rap for those reasons. They are either unaware of their racially inspired preference or in the closet, coveting the notion that rock music is a superior genre, totally unrelated to Soul/R&B music, particular to 'white' culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles