Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,511,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997gt3 View Post
Not talking about picking up chicks. More so keeping the snob for the long-term.
The same factors are at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM

11 posts, read 20,695 times
Main topic aside, this indifference towards education is slightly depressing to hear/imagine. Will the primary focus of my future offspring (if I choose to move to LA) be fun and fame, rather than discipline and hard work? In other words, will education be their last priority? Not a real question btw.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM

2,964 posts, read 5,435,416 times
Quote:
Main topic aside, this indifference towards education is slightly depressing to hear/imagine. Will the primary focus of my future offspring (if I choose to move to LA) be fun and fame, rather than discipline and hard work? In other words, will education be their last priority? Not a real question btw.
Well, you're couching this comment as an inquiry into how to trawl for snobs.

I guess the general response is there's no "L.A." status degree. If you're successful, it's attractive. But that's not L.A.-specific. So the usual suspects apply: doctor or lawyer. Whatever the stripe. I suppose entertainment lawyer might be an answer. I imagine a veterinarian would be very attractive too.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,508,489 times
The best place to meet chicks who are awed by fancy degrees (or consider them to be important) are at your school where you came from. Or your professional circle.

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 05-01-2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,511,716 times
Quote:
A very strong likelihood of this

Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM

37,081 posts, read 42,050,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
The best place to meet chicks who are awed by fancy degrees (or consider them to be important) are at the your school where you came from. Or your professional circle.
Yup. Otherwise you have to rely on your personality. Uh Oh.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM

11 posts, read 20,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yup. Otherwise you have to rely on your personality. Uh Oh.
If men in LA only had to rely on personality alone to attract snobs, then I'm sure snobs wouldn't be called snobs.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,216,609 times
Greeeeeat... another women-bashing thread. THAT'S what this forum needs!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... most women want a guy who's confident and funny. I've never ever EVER met a woman who said that she wanted to meet a rich guy. Most women want a guy who makes a decent living since we all dated someone at some point who had to borrow gas money all the time (but he was confident & funny!)

Sorry, guys, maybe there's ANOTHER reason the "chicks" just aren't that into you?

Or maybe you're trying to pick up chicks who have hair extensions & fake boobs? They are an indicator, you know.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM

89 posts, read 214,563 times
I don't care where or if a guy went to college, or what (if any) advanced degree he's earned.

I care that he can pay his own rent, thus decreasing the likelihood that he'll suddenly announce that he's "between places," and that he'd like to sponge off me for the next several months. (I've seen it happen to too many of my friends.)

Now that I think about it, few guys of my acquaintance who I'd consider "financially successful" have degrees. They just found something they liked to do and figured out how to make a living from it. Meanwhile, the guys who have "prestige" degrees aren't trumpeting it, because when you decide that you'd really rather be an actor than a lawyer, your Ivy League JD isn't going to help you land a commercial agent.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Greeeeeat... another women-bashing thread. THAT'S what this forum needs!
Demz biatches jus' wants a good slappin' aroun', den dey get it, ya know? L.A. pimpin', yo! Ladies luv me! Don't need no skool - gets my degree from da streets.

Actually, the redonkulous rising costs of universities these days kind of throws a monkey wrench into the dating scene for those obsessed with degrees. If you run around bragging about graduating from this or that school, one may assume you are among the many who are prohibitively poor, buried under an impossible mountain of student loan debt. So maybe concentrating on, oh I don't know, interpersonal skills, might be a preferred option. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles