Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 AM

15 posts, read 65,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
The Main Street area is basically Main Street from Pico down to its terminus by Abbott Kinney. It's a very expensive area since it's close to the beach. I'd say the high prices extend as far east as Lincoln, if not a bit further. You will not get a 1 br for 1300 on Main Street area (maybe in the year 1990)

The Ocean Park area is further east. I think if you look around Santa Monica College you can find something. Think the boundaries 11th St to the west, Bundy Dr to the east (though that's City of LA), Olympic Blvd to the north, and Ocean Park Blvd to the south. I think a 1 br for 1300 is possible there.
the ocean park area is not further east. the ocean park area is right off of main street stretching east to lincoln. the area around smc is the sunset park area. i live in ocean park and work in sunset park. you're right that it will be slightly less expensive to look east of lincoln and even cheaper the further east you go. i see lots of for rent signs these days in both neighborhoods which i had never seen before in the 30+ years i've been in this area. but you're right that yoyoma02 still have to be paying closer to $1600-1800 for a one bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
Hmmm.. I like the Main St. area - I was thinking that area was considered Ocean Park, too. Is that just considered South Santa Monica/North Venice?

How much would it be for a 1 bed/1 bath within a 1/2 mile of Main St?
Yes, the Main Street area is considered Ocean Park, though it is all within the city of Santa Monica. Not sure of the rents, but $ 1,300 sounds too low to me. I have a friend who pays $ 1,300 for a 1 bedroom in the Valley which is a less expensive area. Your best bet is to find an older smaller Mom & Pop building where the owners don't stay on top of rent increases. Hard to find, but they're around. If you move there, check out the park where Ocean Park meets the beach next to Sea Colony. GREAT park!

Mike

Old 05-06-2011, 04:08 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
Yes, the Main Street area is considered Ocean Park, though it is all within the city of Santa Monica. Not sure of the rents, but $ 1,300 sounds too low to me. I have a friend who pays $ 1,300 for a 1 bedroom in the Valley which is a less expensive area. Your best bet is to find an older smaller Mom & Pop building where the owners don't stay on top of rent increases. Hard to find, but they're around. If you move there, check out the park where Ocean Park meets the beach next to Sea Colony. GREAT park!

Mike
Not looking to go to the Valley. I already live in LA, but I just like the Ocean Park area and will be moving in the the gf soon so we are looking at spots to move to.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 773 times
sorry I am really lost why are you going AGAINST the flow of traffic if you are going from Ocean Park to DTLA in rush hour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles