Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,790 times

Advertisements

I have a possible job opportunity in L.A. I have been doing some research on apartments and really not sure on what areas would be good to move to. I will be working in carson/gardena, and would like to have a reasonsible commute.

I have been looking at apartments in Long beach, torrence, and possibly redondo beach.

I am looking to spend between 700 and 1200 at the high end for a nice studio or one bedroom apartment.

If any particular apartment complexes could be recommended that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 06:54 AM

Location: temporarily corporate housing in washington d.c area, but a los angeles resident.
19 posts, read 119,319 times
Out of those three options, I would choose Redondo Beach, then Torrance. I say go as close to the beach as you can...you will enjoy the strand and the amazing sunsets. The restaurants are great. I found people to be friendly in the southbay beach cities...have fun!

Old 08-07-2007, 05:12 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,476 times
Torrance is nice if you stay south and west. Sometimes you can get sensational deals in Old Torrance which is thoroughly decent (I lived there for a while). Redondo IMHO should be divided into 2 towns; North Redondo Beach and South Redondo Beach. If the street is named after a Robber Baron, it's in North Redondo. Things are cheaper there and you might find a place you can afford. If you find something in South Redondo and it's in your budget, jump on it. It's the nicest place to live in the South Bay. Here's something in Torrance you can afford, this is a great neighborhood:
Large Unit, Central Location, Quiet Bldg (broken link)

Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 PM

13 posts, read 48,603 times
Yes, I agree with all the suggestions so far. I work in Torrance close to the North part and some places there aren't very safe. I've lived in N. Redondo a few years back and I liked it there. Very safe and close to the beach. You should look at Apartment Rentals in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego. The only downside is that you have to pay to access their database and I usually stear clear when people charge for info that should be free but it is well worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles