Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,173 times

Advertisements

I am a current undergraduate student who is seeking some housing help.

Recently, my family fell on hard financial times and I was forced to discontinue my education to help out my loved ones. I am currently three classes short of completing my B.A. I was informed by my academic counselor that I should turn to my local JC, Santa Monica College, to finish my last set of classes because it would be cheaper. Thus far, I have registered in the classes I need, paid my fees and purchased my books.

However, I have one problem: Housing. I don't have a lot of money for this upcoming fall semster and need a place to stay from late August until mid-December (roughly four months). Ideally I would just need a place to sleep and shower. I will be on-campus studying or preparing for the GRE.

I have posted on Craigslist, Uloop and a couple of other sites but no luck. Furthermore, I have searched for a cheap living arrangement where I would shower and sleep but no one seems to want to help. Do you guys know or have any places/people that might accomdate me?

I am willing to offer $400 a month for someone to help me out. Please, if your in the West LA area and have a couch I can crash on and a shower/bathroom to use and interested in a no-hassel individual please let me know.

Last edited by bigbadbear11; 06-26-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 03:46 PM

253 posts, read 1,130,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbear11 View Post
I am a current undergraduate student who is seeking some housing help.

Recently, my family fell on hard financial times and I was forced to discontinue my education to help out my loved ones. I am currently three classes short of completing my B.A. I was informed by my academic counselor that I should turn to my local JC, Santa Monica College, to finish my last set of classes because it would be cheaper. Thus far, I have registered in the classes I need, paid my fees and purchased my books.

However, I have one problem: Housing. I don't have a lot of money for this upcoming fall semster and need a place to stay from late August until mid-December (roughly four months). Ideally I would just need a place to sleep and shower. I will be on-campus studying or preparing for the GRE.

I have posted on Craigslist, Uloop and a couple of other sites but no luck. Furthermore, I have searched for a cheap living arrangement where I would shower and sleep but no one seems to want to help. Do you guys know or have any places/people that might accomodate me?

I am willing to offer $400 a month for someone to help me out. Please, if your in the West LA area and have a couch I can crash on and a shower/bathroom to use and interested in a no-hassle individual please let me know.
The student housing office should have listings for "Temporary Rentals" - they do this because inevitably instructors go on sabbaticals and take short-term leaves of absence for temp positions at other institutions.

~Cali-girl

Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Have you answered ads on Craigslist? I just looked for things "max 400" and got several hits.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Have you answered ads on Craigslist? I just looked for things "max 400" and got several hits.
Those are WEEKLY rentals.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Those are WEEKLY rentals.
Some were for shared bedrooms and/or living rooms. Not weekly rentals.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some were for shared bedrooms and/or living rooms. Not weekly rentals.
2 out 55 postings does not qualify you to say "some were for shared bedrooms..."

Look I did my homework on Craigslist and there is nothing that fits my need.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM

600 posts, read 1,468,389 times
Quote:
2 out 55 postings does not qualify you to say "some were for shared bedrooms..."

Look I did my homework on Craigslist and there is nothing that fits my need.
Wow, a "thank you anyway" would be nice. You posted here to ask us for feedback, If you dont like the feedback then dont post on a public forum
Who would want to help someone out with that attitude?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy32673 View Post
Wow, a "thank you anyway" would be nice. You posted here to ask us for feedback, If you dont like the feedback then dont post on a public forum
Who would want to help someone out with that attitude?
Ya. I saw about 10 ads too...sorry the OP cant see it

Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,944,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-girl View Post
The student housing office should have listings for "Temporary Rentals" - they do this because inevitably instructors go on sabbaticals and take short-term leaves of absence for temp positions at other institutions.

~Cali-girl
A bit off topic but there was a big discussion on how much Californian's hate it when people say "Cali" and then I see you "Cali-girl" "100 percent California native!"

Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,130 times
Roommates.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles