Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 AM

140 posts, read 435,846 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Did anyone from the east coast use a car shipping company to ship your car to the LA? If so, what was your experience like?

Do you recommend any companies? Are there any companies that I should stay away from?

Also, any tid bits of information about shipping a car across country will be appreciated.

I need to ship my car from Virginia to LA.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM

199 posts, read 546,142 times
Can't believe you're going to ship your car and miss out on the adventure of driving across country, seriously. I mean even riding in a big Penske truck with my cat and an aching back from an auto accident, I still enjoyed the scenery when I wasn't over leaving L.A.

If you're determined to ship your car, go to this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-shipping.html and read what RikkiTikki said a few days ago. He always has good advice.

ENJOY L.A.!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM

600 posts, read 1,468,319 times
My cousin just relocated from Boston to Huntington Beach and shipped her car. Cost her about $1200 and they really like the company that transported it.
This was the company she used: Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express Auto Transport

Old 06-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy32673 View Post
My cousin just relocated from Boston to Huntington Beach and shipped her car. Cost her about $1200 and they really like the company that transported it.
This was the company she used: Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express Auto Transport
Thanks so much Daisy!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintChapstick View Post
Can't believe you're going to ship your car and miss out on the adventure of driving across country, seriously. I mean even riding in a big Penske truck with my cat and an aching back from an auto accident, I still enjoyed the scenery when I wasn't over leaving L.A.

If you're determined to ship your car, go to this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-shipping.html and read what RikkiTikki said a few days ago. He always has good advice.

ENJOY L.A.!

You drove across country alone, well with your cat, in a moving truck?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:13 PM

62 posts, read 149,218 times
We used Reindeer Automotive and were very happy with their service. I'm not sure how competitive they are on pricing (work picked up the tab), but the service was great and everything was on time. It was pretty nice that a cross-country move meant getting off a plane and your cars showing up two days later.

reindeer // real.personal.service.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 AM

559 posts, read 1,378,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslily View Post
Hi all,

Did anyone from the east coast use a car shipping company to ship your car to the LA? If so, what was your experience like?

Do you recommend any companies? Are there any companies that I should stay away from?

Also, any tid bits of information about shipping a car across country will be appreciated.

I need to ship my car from Virginia to LA.

Thanks!
If cost is an issue and/or you don't want to drive solo (and it's within your comfort zone), you could find a co-driver on Craigslist or other service. Save costs and see the country.

Alternatively, you could find somebody seeking to drive your vehicle cross-country - they save car rental fees and you save shipping costs and the hassle of driving.

Of course, either scenario could become the set-up for a comedy or horror movie (The Hitcher).

Good luck.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:54 AM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
In my younger days, I drove across country many times.
If you have never experienced this great country, don't ship it, drive it.
I promiss you will not regret it.
I have some wonderful memories no one can take away.
If your car is reasonably new, or and older one well maintained, go for it.
Bob.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:44 AM

6 posts, read 4,713 times
Take some ideas from the review in forum sites. Many companies registered in local business sites. Search for the positive and negative commands. The company must be there for many years. Make sure the company has the insurance and license. Make the confirmation and send it from mail or fax. Don't make the shipping date at the last. It may lead to no truck at that time you need your vehicle.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:07 PM

45 posts, read 41,183 times
Make sure your car's exhaust system (02 sensors etc) are up to par. My mother transported her car from Florida to Texas and found out the hard way she couldn't get it to pass Texas emissions without costly service work (it's not a beater btw). Now she has a car she can't register or use, and can't get a job without said transportation. She told the bank (the title holder) they can take the car back but the bank doesn't want to deal with the hassle of an out-of-state car. Now it's just sitting in her driveway, going completely unused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles