U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 PM

6,663 posts, read 27,030,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterFan View Post
We are currently touring the United States and we have just came back from Los Angeles and i have to say we are very dissapointed with the city.
Everyone in LA noticed your arrival and you were voted the least interesting couple to ever visit LA. Please do not return.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 AM

5,494 posts, read 13,315,186 times
I honestly find Los Angeles the most interesting and fascinating city in the U.S. Unless you have small children and you want to see what LA is all about, stay away from Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:04 AM

2,914 posts, read 4,751,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I honestly find Los Angeles the most interesting and fascinating city in the U.S. Unless you have small children and you want to see what LA is all about, stay away from Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm.
Whoa, there, pwright1! Disneyland and Knotts, sure. But Magic Mountain rocks!

As to the OP...eh. You don't like L.A., you don't like it and I don't blame anyone. It really is a tough town for visitors. But don't think you know it. L.A. doesn't gift wrap and hand itself over to tourists. Maybe it should? I dunno, but I don't think so. It's actually pretty easy to jump in but you need either guidance or the right spirit about it.

Last edited by Bunjee; 06-16-2011 at 01:14 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 02:06 AM

5,650 posts, read 7,067,747 times
It definitely is.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 AM

397 posts, read 824,593 times
I don't understand how someone could spend a week in LA and not have fun.

You mention only two of the things you did! Universal Studios is overrated but is still fun. The Studio Tour is a hoot. And I do enjoy the shows.

Hollywood is more than one street. Homeless people exist. They are still people.

Los Angeles has

Universal Studios
Disneyland
Six Flags
Knotts Barry
Venice
Santa Monica
Getty
MOCA (all 3 branches)
Little Tokyo
Chinatown
LA Live
Natural History Museum
La Brea Tar Pits
Melrose
Sunset Strip
Watts Tower
Griffin Park
Hollywood

And on and on and on. If you can't find something fun you either didn't look or you are a troll.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:41 AM

74,900 posts, read 87,324,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterFan View Post
We are currently touring the United States and we have just came back from Los Angeles and i have to say we are very dissapointed with the city. I was so hyped up and so was my wife. Everything is so spread out and most of the attractions sucked. Most of the people were all full of themselves and snoby. Universal Studios in LA has to the worst in the world, there are no fun rides, its all for children. Hollywood was just one street full of homeless people and terrible museums. Also the traffic in LA is terrible... We spent a week there and we are glad to continue our US tour and we are currently in Atlanta, GA which is a nice city. Don't get me wrong, we love America but i don't have anything good to say about Los Angeles
What interests one person doesn't always work for others. I can not imagine anyone not enjoying visting places like Universal Studios. Of course it was mostly kids, that is what we expect from theme parks or most of us do. I guess, like most things, enjoying a place can be very subjective. Yes, there is traffic, it is a huge city, spread out with no decent public transportation. Most people realize that when they decide to visit So Ca. Did you see the beaches, visit any of the surrounding towns, the mountains, Malibu, areas north of downtown Los Angeles, Olvara Street, China Town, how about Huntington Library or drive by the famous Rose Bowl? I could go on and on. I am not a huge lover of Ca even though I was raised there, but I can't imagine anyone spending a week in Los Angeles area and not finding positive things to say about the city.

Nita

Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,598,487 times
LOL, this thread brings back fond memories of how my visitors used to gripe and gripe about how LA was so plastic. So, when they came to visit, I'd try to make a point of taking them to "non plastic" places.

I'd arrange a whole week of hiking in the hills, snorkeling off Catalina, going to the beach, art shows in Palos Verdes, shows at the Santa Monica Playhouse, etc. And they would get so mad at these plans because all they wanted to see was places like Disneyland and Universal Studios.

So we'd do what they'd want... and then they'd go home and gripe to all our mutual friends how LA has nothing but plastic.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM

13 posts, read 21,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
People from Atlanta aren't allowed to comment on a city being "spread out." Atlanta is WAY MORE spread out and is a sprawled nightmare.
I'm not from Atlanta, i'm just touring the United States.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,710,985 times
woops!...Awkward!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM

206 posts, read 394,679 times
I'm always suspicious of anyone who just joined this forum and start off with a negative thread. Who are there, have they posted under another ID? Troll? It seems as though these same type of threads pop up quite often with the same venom that makes me questioned their motive.

I'm okay with a city not being for their cup of tea, but when you read stuff like whats posted always raise my suspicion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles