U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 PM
 
1,542 posts, read 5,398,919 times
Reputation: 1681

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You



should have checked with us before you visited. We could have helped you out.
lol

to be honest, i don't think there's anything anyone could have done to help the poor sap in that photo.

 
Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Dublin, Ireland
13 posts, read 21,847 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintChapstick View Post
MunsterFan, it sounds like you really didn't do any planning before you went to the second largest city in the United States.

Look at the list that Senshi gave you. How many of those things did you do? What about the Hollywood Bowl? Did you even go by there? Heck just riding around looking at the architecture of the city is fascinating.

I have to wonder what you're seeing in Atlanta. Six Flags and the World of Coca Cola?
I did a lot of researching in to Los Angeles. We have been basically all over it. I didn't put everywhere we went to down on the first thread but we did check out Santa Monica and Long Beach. Santa Monica wasn't great. The only place we enjoyed was Long Beach.

We're both in Atlanta now and we have visited Six Flags, World of Coca Cola, The Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, The High Museum of Art, Piedmont Park, We toured the CNN HQ, and we're only here a couple of days and we don't want to leave the place. Also the locals are very friendly to tourists unlike most in LA. Much better than LA if you ask me. I would never in my whole life go back to LA. And a few locals we spoke to in LA were shocked that we even traveled all the way from Ireland to go there.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Sometimes Portland, other times LA
600 posts, read 1,318,350 times
Reputation: 246
sounds like LA was a little too much for you. A lot of people cant handle the fast pace and all the people and things to do.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,045 posts, read 1,683,739 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterFan View Post

We're both in Atlanta now and we have visited Six Flags, World of Coca Cola, The Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain, The High Museum of Art, Piedmont Park, We toured the CNN HQ, and we're only here a couple of days and we don't want to leave the place. Also the locals are very friendly to tourists unlike most in LA. Much better than LA if you ask me. I would never in my whole life go back to LA. And a few locals we spoke to in LA were shocked that we even traveled all the way from Ireland to go there.
Nothing against Atlanta but you include "Stone Mountain" on your list of interesting things to do in and around Atlanta? That place is HORRIBLE. I had the misfortune of spending a day there. Bunch of confederate propaganda and very cheesy to boot. No thanks.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Declezville, CA
16,630 posts, read 34,724,118 times
Reputation: 16980
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterFan View Post
I did a lot of researching in to Los Angeles.
"Everything is so spread out"
 
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Sometimes Portland, other times LA
600 posts, read 1,318,350 times
Reputation: 246
Dont forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsterFan View Post
the traffic in LA is terrible...
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
 
96 posts, read 198,524 times
Reputation: 31
I hate people who talk this way about my city. I've lived in LA my whole life and I always discover new interesting places. Los Angeles is one of the greatest cities in the world, and if it's not good enough for you, than you are the least interesting people I've ever seen.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Dublin, Ireland
13 posts, read 21,847 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy32673 View Post
sounds like LA was a little too much for you. A lot of people cant handle the fast pace and all the people and things to do.
I don't mind crowds, i don't mind traffic, but if your going to be stuck in a car for up to an hour or two and then go to somewhere that completely sucks then that doesn't ring my bell.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Dublin, Ireland
13 posts, read 21,847 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
I hate people who talk this way about my city. I've lived in LA my whole life and I always discover new interesting places. Los Angeles is one of the greatest cities in the world, and if it's not good enough for you, than you are the least interesting people I've ever seen.
I didn't mean to upset anyone on here. I'm just having my say on the place. Of course there's people that love LA and such... I have been in over 30 countries and i just don't think LA is all that.
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Dublin, Ireland
13 posts, read 21,847 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Nothing against Atlanta but you include "Stone Mountain" on your list of interesting things to do in and around Atlanta? That place is HORRIBLE. I had the misfortune of spending a day there. Bunch of confederate propaganda and very cheesy to boot. No thanks.
You could spend an entire day at Stone Mountain. Theres not too many cities that i know of that have cable cars to the top of a mountain and the view from the top is terrific. The only thing i hate about it is that it is insanely overcrowded. We both enjoyed Stone Mountain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top