U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 10:43 AM

329 posts, read 166,359 times

Advertisements

You want a friendly DMV experience? join AAA and go there. You can do most things there other than license renewals. i had to transfer ownership of my dad's sailboat to me when he died, and i was able to do it there. A much more pleasant experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 10:55 AM

4,020 posts, read 2,923,401 times
This is a trick question, right? There's a reason DMV employees are stereotyped as some of the least friendly people in the world. Six of one, half dozen of the other - they all suck.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:59 AM

7,871 posts, read 4,900,887 times
I second and third the suggestion of Auto Club (AAA). I use it instead of the DMV whenever possible.

But since Orange County was mentioned, the DMV in San Clemente is by far the kindest, gentlest (and least crowded) DMV I have ever been to. It's a heck of a drive if you live in LA, though.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:58 PM

6 posts, read 2,517 times
Inglewood in my experience is one of the quicker ones. Nice folks, too. The USC one is way too big and chaotic.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:05 PM

5,092 posts, read 2,389,082 times
The employee who tended to me in West Hollywood was cheerful; he would announce your zodiac sign when he saw your birthday.

The employees downtown were friendly but some of the patrons were straight out of a zombie apocalypse.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:52 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,354,941 times
Hawthorne was the friendliest DMV I experienced, which was funny because the area seemed sketchy and I was surrounded by some applicants talking about their criminal history whilst filling out their forms.

The worst DMV I went to was in Culver City. The woman was so rude, anytime I tried to ask a question she'd cut me off and order me around. I put my foot down and then she had the nerve to argue with me and her boss came out. I had to go back again the next day and I had the same woman and she just did as she was told and didn't give me any attitude.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:31 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,058,120 times
hey thread bump from 2011. I'd tell you where I had a "nice" experience, but it'd be a 2 hour drive to get there... and I still waited an hour and a half before the deal was done and I was out the door.

So have a nice lunch, install some new games on your phone (or bring a paperback book), and bathe in hand santizer as soon as you walk out.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 PM

78 posts, read 50,877 times
I booked an appointment for today at the Granada Hills DMV. They were expedient, professional and courteous. I didn't get what I wanted, but it wasn't their fault and they steered me in the proper direction to take care of things. Don't think I was there more than 15-20 minutes, probably less than 10 waiting.

Pro tip - make an online appointment ahead of time.

(I've also been told that Simi Valley has very short lines and helpful staff. Haven't been there myself).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or