U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 PM

18,041 posts, read 19,744,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xindig View Post
Hello all. I am new here with a question.

If you had to rank by..."prestige" for lack of a better word, how would rank the following areas from Very Best to Next Best, etc.:

View Park
Windsor Hills
Baldwin Hills
Upper Ladera
Lower Ladera
Old Ladera

???

Thank you.

In my personal opinion...

View Park
Lower Ladera
Baldwin Hills
Windsor Hills
Upper Ladera
Old Ladera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 06:33 PM

14,747 posts, read 29,444,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In my personal opinion...

View Park
Lower Ladera

Baldwin Hills
Windsor Hills
Upper Ladera
Old Ladera
I agree and know these two better. And yes, you've got your Laderas in the right order. Lower Ladera has newer, bigger houses and may have circular driveways. Old Ladera is basically stucco ranch houses, no different from those in Rancho Park, Culver City or many flat parts of the SFV.

Having been away from LA for a while, I know that black professionals were the dominant demographic in View Park, Baldwin Hills and Windsor Hills. Are there any whites or other races (Asian, Hispanic) that are currently buying into those areas?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM

276 posts, read 934,274 times
Upper Ladera
View Park
Lower Ladera
Windsor Hills
Old Ladera & Baldwin Hills (about the same)

What some do not know is that VIEW PARK is one of the most well kept secrets of LA, and has some of the most breath-taking views in the entire city of Los Angeles. The location is 10 minutes from down town, LAX, the Marina, beach, West LA, Bev Hills, Westwood, etc. View Park also offer more land than Ladera with very large lots/back yards.

The homes are classic and have much character, and range from about mid $400's to over a Mil.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM

203 posts, read 491,430 times
What streets are seen as "Old Ladera?" I've only heard upper and lower. And I also thought upper was nicer, maybe because of the folks I know who live there.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM

18,041 posts, read 19,744,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Tistic View Post
What streets are seen as "Old Ladera?" I've only heard upper and lower. And I also thought upper was nicer, maybe because of the folks I know who live there.
The homes in Lower Ladera are nicer in my opinion.

Old Ladera is the little area east of La Cienega and south of Slauson.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 PM

2,300 posts, read 4,234,959 times
It's been quite a while, but I grew up in "the Dons" and it was very nice. Up the hill from us was Ike and Tina Turner.

Very nice area!

Old 08-05-2014, 03:29 PM

276 posts, read 934,274 times
The demo is about 70% AA, and 30% white, Asians and Hispanic, but that number is changing fast due to whites buying into the area. I think they see that the area is prime, centrally located, beautiful views, and homes, the value is there, and they are getting more bang for their bucks.

The whites that moved away 40 years ago are now coming back (fast!)

Old 08-05-2014, 09:40 PM

5,494 posts, read 13,315,186 times
No they're not. I love these areas. I don't think whites are moving in that fast. I think they will remain african american for a long time.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,197,627 times
My day-to-day observation is that the area remains predominantly AA, and there has not been a mad rush of white people moving in.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:08 PM

7,370 posts, read 4,115,665 times
It is still predominately Black, but growing up there 40 years ago the only white folk that I knew by name were school teachers and now it is not strange to see actual white people in the local shops and walking on the streest. While 40 years ago only half of the kids who lived in the Dons went to the local schools, Hillcrest Elementary in the Jungle, Audubon Jr High to Dorsey the real test will be if any of the kids of the white folk moving in end up at Dorsey High
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or