Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 PM

9 posts, read 27,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Stay where you are until you can get your racism in check
What part of my posting did I say I was racist? I have no problems with blacks if that's what you are refering to, like I said I am from detroit born and raised black people I never had problems with. I never had problems with any kind of race period. Florida is becoming Mexico part 2 and I don't want to be here. When I first came here it was alright but now it's going to the dumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,417 times
FL is mostly Puerto Ricans and Cubans, not Mexicans by the way.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 AM

129 posts, read 663,177 times
There's a reason we call it Mexifornia - luckily for me I have a penchant for latinas so it works out...

Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 AM

19 posts, read 31,076 times
IMHO You are making a huge mistake coming here then.
Some parts of LA county and San Bernadino county
are majority Mexican. I don't have a problem with anyone that
works and takes care of his/ her own. Unfortunately Los Angeles
isn't the "paradise" it once was. There are entirely too many illegals
here, poor schools and parks overrun by grown men who should
be working but are instead playing soccer and drinking beer.
It's so bad I have to drive several miles to find a decent park.
I used to LOVE this place but not any longer. Gangs, bad air,
over priced homes & apartments, freeway speeders and
rude drivers, expensive grocery stores unless
you go to the Mexican markets whose meats aren't FDA stamped
and overall poor quality of life in comparison to other states.

Keep looking buddy. Many of us are planning to leave ASAP.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:20 PM

268 posts, read 890,173 times
I'm curious why you moved to Fort Meyers?? I was raised in Florida and EVERYONE knows that's a vacation destination or retirement hotspot...nothing more. Just 10 years ago there was nothing down there but grass and the ocean.

You should have moved to Tampa or Orlando if you wanted things to do.

L.A. is cool, lots to do here but full of Mexicans and a grip of other races/backgrounds. You must be able to do well in this environment or you will be miserable here as well. As far as hotels...I wouldn't live in one...the places that would allow that probably aren't in good areas at all.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 AM

9 posts, read 27,874 times
The ultimate main reason why I want to goto LA is because I've heard it form everyone and seen on television and such that everything is there. The infamous quote I keep hearing "Everyone is someone in LA" And also the reason I moved to Fort Myers is because when I was underage my parents moved down here so I had no choice and I now being 22 years old I want to get the hell out of here. I don't want to go back to detroit because just like here the job market is terrible right now. Besides I'm trying to break into the entertainment world (not being an actor) just trying to get in there. Can't do that in a crap hole like Fort Myers.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Well my mom is in the entertainment business as a writer for magazines. Her name is Bonnie Siegler and she writes for some entertainment magazines (she used to write for Life&Style). Just to let you know though, it is actually a very hard business unless you are living with someones else that has a steady job (my dad). Unless you are an immediate employee of anything that has to do with entertainment, you are the companies last priority and will get payed last. One time, my mom went four months without one paycheck, and when she finally got one, it was only a fraction of what she should have gotten. And photographers have some of the hardest jobs since there are so many of them. They usually need to work two jobs.

So what kind of job do you want in the entertainment business? Depending on what you want, I could hook you up through my mom. She writes for a magazine named Viva that is out of Toronto, Canada. She helped the owner of the magazine start a good business and now he wants to open an office in LA. He will need employees here, so maybe you could be one if you want to be a writer or an editor or something like that.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:56 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawMCM85 View Post
The ultimate main reason why I want to goto LA is because I've heard it form everyone and seen on television and such that everything is there. The infamous quote I keep hearing "Everyone is someone in LA" And also the reason I moved to Fort Myers is because when I was underage my parents moved down here so I had no choice and I now being 22 years old I want to get the hell out of here. I don't want to go back to detroit because just like here the job market is terrible right now. Besides I'm trying to break into the entertainment world (not being an actor) just trying to get in there. Can't do that in a crap hole like Fort Myers.
LOL. Troll.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclown View Post
LA has more crime and gangs then most places in THE WORLD.
Turn off the TV.

Than.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawMCM85 View Post
The reason why Fort Myers sucks is because well, you would have to come here to find out. Everyone says this place is tropical and paradise and is a beautiful place to be. It definatley is not! The nightlife scene sucks, the job market is horrible, there is nothing to do.. It's being ran over with mexican's. I'm not racist but when 70 percent of Fort Myers population is mexican and they can't speak english and they are here illegaly taking everyone's jobs... I really don't like them.
No, 70% of the population is not Mexican or hispanic and if you think it is bad there, just come to California. No jobs, what do you plan to do for a job in So California? obviously you don't read the papers much or read these boards.

You know, I don't think you are for real, can someone say either dumber than dumb or a TROLL?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles