U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM

219 posts, read 571,159 times

Advertisements

Will someone fill me in on this "Beret" person?? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 PM

13,692 posts, read 16,084,526 times
There is a lot of unseen wildlife around the city. Possums, and raccoons... all of them are bandits.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM

16,630 posts, read 34,724,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephPorterPitt View Post

"Somebody stole all the peaches"
"Welcome to Los Angeles!"
A apology is in order.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM

69 posts, read 135,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Keep an eye on Beret Guy. If he's got peach pie stains on his shirt, there's your culprit.
AHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAH Will do!

And thanks to everybody for sensible advice. I'm persuaded. I'm sure it was critters having a good ol time.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
A apology is in order.
Why? The Los Angeles critters stole my peaches!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygrrEyzz View Post
Will someone fill me in on this "Beret" person?? lol
LOL. I spoke of him in a thread months ago. He is a neighbor who constantly wears the beret. I thought that meant he was arrogant or gay. Somebody filled me in on the meaning of berets. Someone also suggested maybe he was bald.

I finally saw him without his beret. He is in fact bald. He and his wife didn't take kindly to someone parking in front of their house. They left a note which told us to make sure we don't park there again.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 PM

973 posts, read 1,908,989 times
Quote:
He and his wife didn't take kindly to someone parking in front of their house. They left a note which told us to make sure we don't park there again.
Sorry about the peaches, that is frustrating, no matter human or animal. lol My peach tree has a boat load of delicious white peaches every year. =) Can you put some type of netting over it? Not sure if that would keep the critters out though.

As for note guy, are people assigned spaces? If it's just a road, I'd be tempted to park there everyday from now on. lol The only time I've left a note is when after numerous times of me telling my neighbor, guests of hers STILL park between our drives & the area isn't big enough. They always hang about 2 feet OVER my drive. I'm a bad enough driver as it is. I just can't believe people would think that was okay. Sorry, ot'ing. lol

Old 06-30-2011, 04:48 AM

75,132 posts, read 87,531,861 times
Quote:
Welcome to Los Angeles! LOL

I just moved here, planted a new peach tree. The tree already came with peaches on the small tree. Within two days somebody had scaled a 6 foot fence to get into the yard and took all the peaches!
Are you sure it wasn't tree rats (the 4 legged kind, not a bunch of kids)? I am not saying it wasn't a human, but that would be pretty unusual. There are a few other 4 legged creatures that would love the fruit as well.

Regardless, this is sad, I can imagine how you feel.

Nita

Old 06-30-2011, 04:50 AM

75,132 posts, read 87,531,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I have a highly productive Santa Rosa plum tree. The flying AND mammalian rats that wait for the ripe ones to fall leave no trace, not even a pit. There one minute, gone the next.
We had the exact same problem when we lived in Arcadia and Glendora. In fact in Glendora we were lucky to get 1/2 doz Apricots each year.

NIta

Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 AM

23,601 posts, read 32,461,726 times
Quote:
Why? The Los Angeles critters stole my peaches!
Time for the infrared cameras, trip flares an' varmint gun! Wouldn't surprise me if them critters was wearin' tiny berets. Here, ours wear camo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles