Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM

12 posts, read 59,301 times

Advertisements

I notice that in LA, the Oakland Raiders are incredibly popular. Obviously this is due to their tenure in Los Angeles during the 80's and early 90's, as well as the image that the Raiders possess.

But what about the Rams? They were in Los Angeles (+ Anaheim) much longer then the Raiders. Is there still a large fanbase for the now-St. Louis Rams in Los Angeles? Do you see plenty/some Rams shirts, hats, jerseys, etc. when driving around in LA?

And if those old Los Angeles Rams fans don't cheer on the St. Louis Rams anymore, what team do they cheer on now? Surely they couldn't bring themselves to cheer for the Raiders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 04:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times
i was born in lynwood, live in el paso now, i cheer for the raiders, el paso is cowboy country though, i know that doenst answer you question, sorry, but i think that the majority of people in la, cheer for the raiders!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
I think a lot of Los Angeles Rams fans are still pissed off at Madam Ram Georgia (spits - to cleanse the mouth).
The Raiders have a national presence like the Dallas Cowboys and the Nebraska Cornhuskers and a few others.
The Raiders won a Superbowl in Los Angeles. (The Rams won the NFL championship in 1951 by beating the Cleveland Browns at the mammoth Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in front of 57,522 fans.)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
my grandparents are still rams fans, but theyre drifting away over time

Old 11-01-2008, 06:28 PM

73 posts, read 216,031 times
RAIDER NATION!

We got heart like that...no fairweather fans here!

Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I will always be a Ram fan. I grew up loving the Rams even before they moved "away" to Anaheim.

Raider fans here are primarily the gang banger hispanic types who have adopted the Raider colors as part of the their official gang attire. You here someone saying "Raider Nation" you can be pretty assured that they are gang/criminal types.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I will always be a Ram fan. I grew up loving the Rams even before they moved "away" to Anaheim.

Raider fans here are primarily the gang banger hispanic types who have adopted the Raider colors as part of the their official gang attire. You here someone saying "Raider Nation" you can be pretty assured that they are gang/criminal types.
the funniest is the silver and black hummer that i see picking up kids at my sons school with the license plate "JUSTWYN" and raider crap plastered all over the windows

Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
the funniest is the silver and black hummer that i see picking up kids at my sons school with the license plate "JUSTWYN" and raider crap plastered all over the windows
That too crazy. I saw a black Tahoe once that had a Raider sticker on it that said "Raiders - F**K Yeah!" on it just above the little family stickers have little pics that says "Dad, Mom, Junior, Martha, Hector, Gloria". The word was spelled out all the way instead of the **. Im sure Junior, Martha, Hector and Gloria who read that each day were very proud.

I am just not a Raider fan or a a fan of their fans.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
I hate them both. The Raiders are the most hated team in football besides the Cowboys, but the Raiders are just low class. A bad franchise in every respect, now they play in that ghetto of a city Oakland. We're lucky we don't have them in Los Angeles. We can get a better team in the future.

And the Lambs are lame. Go Niners!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 AM

73 posts, read 216,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

Wow, and you say that right after my post. Nice.

I mean,.. damn, homie, you be knowin whats up, que no ese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles