U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,561,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Hey laysayfair, I have another question. You sound like you've been to these things before.

Will I be walking down the red carpet? Or is that something that's just for celebrities? Will people be taking pictures of me and asking me who I am?

I have absolutely no idea of how this thing is going to go down, and I'm hoping to get a "lay of the land" beforehand.

Thanks.
Everybody has to walk the red carpet because it leads to the entrance but only the press-worthy get photographed and interviewed. There's usually at least one PR person coordinating and making sure all the right people get photographed and interviewed by the different outlets. Since it appears to be a screening and it's on the lot there probably won't be a ton of photographers.

If anyone points a camera at you and ask you to stop so they can get a shot of you, by all means stop and smile. The photogs usually know who they are there to shoot but they take extra shots in case there some market for them. If one of them starts taking your picture the others will probably follow just in case you are "someone".

Enjoy your walk! Take it slow, wear your sunglasses, seem mysterious and elusive and like the last thing in the world you want is the paparazzi taking your picture- and they probably will. Have a blast and then come back and tell us who you saw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 01:03 PM

2,262 posts, read 6,529,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Everybody has to walk the red carpet because it leads to the entrance but only the press-worthy get photographed and interviewed. There's usually at least one PR person coordinating and making sure all the right people get photographed and interviewed by the different outlets. Since it appears to be a screening and it's on the lot there probably won't be a ton of photographers.

If anyone points a camera at you and ask you to stop so they can get a shot of you, by all means stop and smile. The photogs usually know who they are there to shoot but they take extra shots in case there some market for them. If one of them starts taking your picture the others will probably follow just in case you are "someone".

Enjoy your walk! Take it slow, wear your sunglasses, seem mysterious and elusive and like the last thing in the world you want is the paparazzi taking your picture- and they probably will. Have a blast and then come back and tell us who you saw!
"What? You want to take my picture? Sigh. If you MUST!"

Thanks for the info!!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM

Well, I went to the premiere, and it was a blast! A bunch of celebs. A bunch of "character" actors that I recognized that I couldn't place and it drove me insane. Most of the cast of The Office was there. I walked by "Toby" and started to say hi and then realized I didn't actually know him, heh. First time that's ever happened to me.

There was a red carpet with a ton of paparazzi taking pictures and shouting out questions. Pretty much exactly how I pictured it.

I didn't walk down the red carpet. There was another way into the theater, and I used that. I found out later that I COULD have done the red carpet walk (I think). Oh well. No one took my picture. Well, except for my husband, heh.

I ended up wearing a dress that I bought for $30 in the Jr. section at Macy's 5 years ago, heh. I got a few compliments on it, which was cool. There were people there dressed in jeans & t-shirts and others who were quite dressed up. The women mostly dressed up and the men dressed down. I was definitely one of the dressier women there.

There was a party, afterwards, on the Sony lot, and that was a lot of fun too. At one point, I realized that all of the store fronts were fake and we were on an actual outdoor set.

All-in-all, I had a lot of fun!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Well, I went to the premiere, and it was a blast! A bunch of celebs. A bunch of "character" actors that I recognized that I couldn't place and it drove me insane. Most of the cast of The Office was there. I walked by "Toby" and started to say hi and then realized I didn't actually know him, heh. First time that's ever happened to me.

There was a red carpet with a ton of paparazzi taking pictures and shouting out questions. Pretty much exactly how I pictured it.

I didn't walk down the red carpet. There was another way into the theater, and I used that. I found out later that I COULD have done the red carpet walk (I think). Oh well. No one took my picture. Well, except for my husband, heh.

I ended up wearing a dress that I bought for $30 in the Jr. section at Macy's 5 years ago, heh. I got a few compliments on it, which was cool. There were people there dressed in jeans & t-shirts and others who were quite dressed up. The women mostly dressed up and the men dressed down. I was definitely one of the dressier women there.

There was a party, afterwards, on the Sony lot, and that was a lot of fun too. At one point, I realized that all of the store fronts were fake and we were on an actual outdoor set.

All-in-all, I had a lot of fun!
Sounds Fabulous! Glad you had a great time. Thanks for coming back and sharing the details!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 AM

32,525 posts, read 31,773,092 times
Well done, Readymade! Glad you had a good time.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM

497 posts, read 1,333,516 times
Last one I went to, I wore a suit....Most were dressed formal to semi formal. Many women had semi formal dresses... some had suit pants.

Be comfortable and get your picture taken on the carpet, get a photographers' cards, and check it out/buy it online. Remember to stand up straight and smile

Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 AM

199 posts, read 431,967 times
readymade, it all sounds very exciting and fun! I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for telling us about it. If you feel like posting again, I'd love to hear about that fab dress at the steal price!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,480,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
It's a screening. Just look hip and like you have another cool party to go after this one.
For premier/awards/screening fun:

Put some powder under the nose, run around real frantic-like, and yell something about "Mel Gibson's after me!", and you will get plenty of attention. TMZ style. Say hi to Harvey!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
For premier/awards/screening fun:

Put some powder under the nose, run around real frantic-like, and yell something about "Mel Gibson's after me!", and you will get plenty of attention. TMZ style. Say hi to Harvey!
haha!

Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintChapstick View Post
readymade, it all sounds very exciting and fun! I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for telling us about it. If you feel like posting again, I'd love to hear about that fab dress at the steal price!
I'd post a picture, but I feel weird about putting a picture of me up on a public board like this. What if someone fell in love with me and started online stalking me?!

The dress is in late 60s/early 70s style. It's all shades of brown, cream, orange, red, some olive green and some blue. VERY colorful. I was going for a sleazy Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate look, and I think I succeeded. I put my hair up in a sort of chignon, and wore false eyelashes.

For the record, there was MAYbe one guy in a suit. And he looked a bit out of place. Most of the guys wore jeans & sports coats. Including my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles