Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:37 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,108 times

Advertisements

So, my husband & I have been invited to a red carpet movie premiere. There will be celebrities... the whole shebang.

I have absolutely NO idea what to wear.

My husband is all "jeans will be fine!"

The "internet" claims I must wear a formal long gown.

I would die if I showed up in a formal gown (which I do not even own) and everyone is in jeans or if I showed up in jeans and everyone is in gowns.

I'm also terrified that my husband will wear jeans no matter what, heh.

Anyone here know about these things? I would ask the people who invited me, but I'm too embarrassed to. I want them to think I go to stuff like this all the time, hee hee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 AM

396 posts, read 906,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
So, my husband & I have been invited to a red carpet movie premiere. There will be celebrities... the whole shebang.

I have absolutely NO idea what to wear.

My husband is all "jeans will be fine!"

The "internet" claims I must wear a formal long gown.

I would die if I showed up in a formal gown (which I do not even own) and everyone is in jeans or if I showed up in jeans and everyone is in gowns.

I'm also terrified that my husband will wear jeans no matter what, heh.

Anyone here know about these things? I would ask the people who invited me, but I'm too embarrassed to. I want them to think I go to stuff like this all the time, hee hee.
Depends on what movie it is honestly and where.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 AM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,629 times
Stop showing off

Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Depends on what movie it is honestly and where.
This. If it's "Zookeeper" he might be thinking jeans for a reason. I wouldn't go grubby look, though. Zoo chic. I'd probably wear a great dress (not formal) with animal jewelry. This is the time to pull the zebra striped 4" heels out of the back of the closet. Have some fun!

p.s. Nothing at all wrong with asking the people who invited you. Half the fun of a premier is yakking about what you plan to wear.

And it's not showing off. L.A. is an industry town. Premiers happen.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,108 times
Thanks guys! Looks like I need to go shopping! (I thought Miss Pip was just being facetious, by the way.)

Anyone know of somewhere, in LA, that I can get an inexpensive designer dress? Like on consignment or something? I'm also thinking about wearing something from stopstaring.com, since I love their dresses, but never have anywhere to wear one too. Until now.

It's at the Cary Grant Theater in the Sony Lot, by the way. And it's NOT "Zookeeper," thank god, heh.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/790...67A24CDF7E482C

My husband might be right about the jeans! (that was taken at the Cary Grant Theater)

I, apparently, also need a tiny clutch purse... as a couple of my friends have already told me. I guess my "mom bag" isn't going to cut it, hee hee.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
I went to a premier at the sony lot (dunno how many theaters are there but it was probably a smaller one) and I saw people in jeans, I was wearing something casual as well. There were only small celebs not big ones though, but if your husband works or is affiliated w/ the industry he should know. Let us know in case I have to go to more premiers in the future it might be useful to know...

Last edited by miyu; 07-01-2011 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
By "small celebs" do you mean like Billy Barty and Wee Man?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
I would dress semi formally. Call me old school.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
(I thought Miss Pip was just being facetious, by the way.)
Could be. What say you Miss Pip?

Readymade, I hope you have a great time. Remember, the shopping is all part of the excitement. Don't let it stress you out. Small clutch bag is good. How about something retro? If this is something that may repeat in the future get a couple of really cute, timeless clutch bags. Something you can use over and over and won't go out of style.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Whenever I attend some biz do like this, I find a poodle skirt, middie blouse and sensible heels always seem to work. Maybe a black bolero jacket for fashionable accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles