U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 AM

75,132 posts, read 87,531,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygrrEyzz View Post
Why in the world don't most LA apartments have a refrigerator in them? This baffles me! Please fill me in! lol.
because they can get away without furnishing them. In fact when you buy a home in Ca it rarely has one either, unlike most of the country. There is no reason, it has always been that way.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM

16,630 posts, read 34,724,118 times
My rental houses don't come with reefers. But, they're not apts. People who rent houses tend to supply their own.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM

2,124 posts, read 4,305,203 times
Most refrigerators aren't that expensive. If you can't afford one, you can always go to a furniture rental company.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM

146 posts, read 386,663 times
I'm thinking about moving to LA for work and have noticed that as well--I guess I never thought about an apt not coming with a fridge, but seeing the posts here explains some things.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:25 AM

2,492 posts, read 4,637,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
My rental houses don't come with reefers.
Don't you need like a note from a doctor for those anyway.........

Old 04-30-2014, 11:59 AM

601 posts, read 617,499 times
I'm lost...I've had no trouble at all finding apartments with fridges here? I see some listings without fridges, but they usually include it most of the time.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 PM

7 posts, read 6,938 times
well....it makes me LOL....loudly...when I read posts from folks saying who would want to use a refrigerator after a previous tenant.....BUT NO WHERE....and I mean NO WHERE have a I seen a thread mention the toilet that was used previously by the tenant...and the one before them..and so on...come on..really..lol so you wouldn't mind sitting ya azz on a toilet that has seriously more vile things done in it...lol then use a fridge that was used by someone else...this...cracks me up....

Old 04-30-2014, 04:36 PM

1,604 posts, read 2,093,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYapril View Post
well....it makes me LOL....loudly...when I read posts from folks saying who would want to use a refrigerator after a previous tenant.....BUT NO WHERE....and I mean NO WHERE have a I seen a thread mention the toilet that was used previously by the tenant...and the one before them..and so on...come on..really..lol so you wouldn't mind sitting ya azz on a toilet that has seriously more vile things done in it...lol then use a fridge that was used by someone else...this...cracks me up....

First thing I do in a new apartment. Replacing a toilet seat is MUCH cheaper and easier than replacing a refrigerator. Doesn't really merit discussion. Buying a major appliance is not always easy. Every time I moved into a new apartment the refrigerator was thoroughly cleaned and left unplugged with the door open so it was aired out.
It does seem odd to have to buy your own because as a renter you wouldn't normally move with large appliances. Must be a regional thing.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 PM

7 posts, read 6,938 times
lol....I was being...a) sarcastic and b) real.......any apt I have ever lived in.....always always required me to clean it....even if it was already cleaned professionally.....its just what I do.......but unless I saw something incredibly gross in the fridge plugged in and running....I am gonna access the next option....and as far as toilet.........well its gotta be cleaned...and its a choice to put a new seat on it...but do we all bring a seat with us when we go to a hotel too??? I dunno...I love my Lysol wipes....lol and straight up bleach....lol oh well...just me....

Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 PM

473 posts, read 720,368 times
I moved to LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles