Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 53,469 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does anyone on here have fresh (within the last 2 years-max) info regarding rentals in Burbank?

-Average water bill for single/1-bed

-Average electricity bill for single/1-bed

-Average gas bill for single/1-bed

-Internet costs, low to high

-Misc. bills, such as sewer or trash.

Also, in recent experience, do most places want 1st, last and security? Or first and security? Generally, what is expected to put down on a $1000/mo place?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times
Problem with LA and LA County is that there are no standard answers to the questions. I myself just dealt with all this in the Valley.

My complex takes care of water, sewer, and trash. I've heard water and sewer are around $15- $25 and trash about the same. Most complexes that don't pay for them split the cost each month among the residents. I have electric appliance so I've heard average monthly gas bills are $10.

Electric bill depends on how much you run the electricity. Usually AC is summer only. Average non summer months between $40-$60 and summer maybe $50-$60.

Internet bundled with HD Cable is around $100 and with telephone maybe another $20. Internet alone say $50, although I'm sure it's less.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM

16 posts, read 53,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Problem with LA and LA County is that there are no standard answers to the questions. I myself just dealt with all this in the Valley.

My complex takes care of water, sewer, and trash. I've heard water and sewer are around $15- $25 and trash about the same. Most complexes that don't pay for them split the cost each month among the residents. I have electric appliance so I've heard average monthly gas bills are $10.

Electric bill depends on how much you run the electricity. Usually AC is summer only. Average non summer months between $40-$60 and summer maybe $50-$60.

Internet bundled with HD Cable is around $100 and with telephone maybe another $20. Internet alone say $50, although I'm sure it's less.
Thanks for the response.

I moved away in 2004. And I seem to remember that most complexes (mainly lived in duplex and four-plex properties) paid for one or more of these. Do most residents still find this to be the case?

If anyone has any more data to contribute, please do!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM

It really varies. When I looked at complexes, about half did pay for water, sewer, and trash and half didn't. I researched about 20 places. My current place pays for all three. I've noticed smaller complexes pay more often than not and larger complexes pay less often.

I can't speak to rental prices since 2004, although from 2008 to now it is certainly cheaper now, though it appears to be a small upswing since this past summer.

It also depends where you want to live. The larger complexes are taking the most heat because a lot of people can't afford to pay $2200 a month for a 1 bed so they are reduced to like $1900. A smaller building no in WeHo or Hollywood/Vine might have cut rents from $1250 to $1200, thus not as noticeable.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:00 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,098,960 times
I've been super cheap as of late trying to cut costs on a lot of things. For example, no need for cable. Ive been living in a place in Burbank for almost a month now: rents at about $1,000 for a furnished place. Internet $30 on a 6 month deal- 12.0 speed. Utility and gas I'm unsure of since those bills haven't come in but I've only turned my ac unit twice for about 30 minutes at night before bed. Water is paid by the landlord.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 PM

140 posts, read 435,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
I've been super cheap as of late trying to cut costs on a lot of things. For example, no need for cable. Ive been living in a place in Burbank for almost a month now: rents at about $1,000 for a furnished place. Internet $30 on a 6 month deal- 12.0 speed. Utility and gas I'm unsure of since those bills haven't come in but I've only turned my ac unit twice for about 30 minutes at night before bed. Water is paid by the landlord.
Hey, can you tell me the name of the complex that you live in? I would like to look into it. It sounds like you are getting a good deal. I'm going to sign a lease for a place smaller than what you have, but I will be paying more rent. It doesn't seem to make sense to me. So, please share the name of your complex so I can look into it. Thanks a bunch!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 PM

How much are you paying and for what size apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles