Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I've heard many times that Six Flags is fine during the day, but it's not safe at night.
Only if you don't secure your harness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Six Flags doesn't have the best safety record. I'd be more concerned about dying on one of their rides than gangs.
I'd be more concerned of dying from waiting in lines than from the rides or gangs. Nothing is worth waiting in line for an hour.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Magic Mountain is located in a ok neighborhood.
That said they have always had problems with gangs in the park.
They do have more and better roller coasters than Dizzyland or Knott's. But you have to walk more, a lot more and always uphill.
The gang problems at Magic Mountain are not due to the neighborhood the park is located in. What gang problems Santa Clarita has are extremely low level. The gang problems at Magic Mountain originated because of the close proximity of the Northeast San Fernando Valley and once the AV became a big gang area it wound up being in between two major gang areas - the Northern SFV on the south and the AV on the north (it's on the way into the Valley and L.A. from the AV)

Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
I wouldn't go back there. I visited in 2009 (the 1st time in 20 years), and there were definitely troublemakers roaming around. It has really changed from the 80's when everybody was fun, happy, and the park was full. Good luck but no more visits from me.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM

36 posts, read 85,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Six Flags doesn't have the best safety record. I'd be more concerned about dying on one of their rides than gangs.
Wrong...from a mechanical point of view, SFMM has one of the best safety records. There have been NO accidents related to the mechanical aspect of any ride in SFMM's history. Accidents happened to people who made stupid decisions like crossing the tracks. I'd be more concerned about dying of heat exhaustion during the summer months waiting in 2hr lines for a ride.

With that said, the park has made a lot of changes for the better. The Batman Backlot has now been transformed into DC Universe with a new ride Green Lantern: First Flight, newly repainted Batman: the Ride, and newly re-themed rides Wonder Woman and the Flash. Superman: the Escape has now become Superman: Escape From Krypton and now has new trains which now go backwards up the track. For 2012, along the sides of this tower is Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, the tallest drop ride in the world! For 2013, there is rumor of another record breaking roller coaster set to go in place of the now removed classic, Log Jammer.

As for gang problems, they have been greatly reduced in the last few years. I have been coming to SFMM every year from opening till closing for the last decade with friends and family and NEVER had any problems with gangs. Like someone said almost all gang activity is from out of the park and city. Valencia/Santa Clarita is one of the safest cities and has a high standards of living in SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles