Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

Isn't this A.E.G. company the same one that received a federal government bailout a year ago.
Where are they getting the estimated billion bucks to build this monstrocity?
BOB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
AEG is different than AIG. AEG is a privately owned sports/entertainment developer that owns teams/stadiums around the world. I'm not aware of any bailouts to AEG.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Isn't this A.E.G. company the same one that received a federal government bailout a year ago.
Where are they getting the estimated billion bucks to build this monstrocity?
BOB.

You are thinking of AIG which is an Insurance Company that sold Credit Default Swaps...They were bailed out by the Federal Govt so they could pay those contracts to the individuals who purchased them.

The Govt did bail out AIG, by pumping money into them, but not for the reason of saving AIG. It was done so AIG could pay off large hedge funds, very well connected, that gamed the banks and other financial institutions which they had little or no insurable interest in. The bailout was to those investors who bought CDS from AIG for a fraction of the cost they ultimately collected on the swap.

AEG is looking for us to rent the land around staples center and the convention center, probably waive several taxes, fees, permits etc to build a stadium.

Personally, I think they should build this new stadium up by dodger stadium and set up a tram from the expo line directly to the stadium.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times
relax, i doubt it will get built, eventhough I really do want an NFL team in L.A. because it gets boring having to settle for College Football with USC and UCLA, sorry i just prefer the NFL over College Football, but i've already accepted the fact that the NFL will never return to L.A. because people there are fairweather fans, bandwagoners, spoiled bratty people, thats why I have that username because i hate people like that, Eric Dickerson who played for the then Los Angeles Rams, said "L.A. don't deserve a team they ain't gonna support one, L.A. is like a bad little kid, when they see a ball they don't wanna play with the ball, but when somebody else picks up the ball, they wanna play with the ball, thats how L.A. is" Thats why the Clippers have become popular because of Blake Griffin, and the Galaxy because of David Beckham

Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Thanks for clearing that up.
A.I.G, A.E.G.. all sounds the same to me.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
I'd prefer to see the coliseum refurbished instead and maybe sometime down the road a team will move here.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
I like this stadium better than Farmers Field
Los Angeles Football Stadium at Grand Crossing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles