Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,237 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Apologize in advance if this isn't posted in the correct section.

I have narrowed down my cities to Long Beach, La Habra and City of Industry.

From these three which one would be best for someone looking for a safe and clean city?

By any chance would Chino or Pico Rivera be a better city than the 3 I have listed above?

Any info about these cities is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM

53 posts, read 161,004 times
I'm a bit baffled by the inclusion of the City of Industry on this list. In fact, I'm kind of baffled by the selection of cities in general on this post, as they seem to have very little in common. La Habra and Industry are sort of close, but they're not next to Long Beach at all.

The City of Industry is essentially a city incorporated for businesses; there are less than 250 residents but over 2000 businesses. I was going to say I wouldn't find it particularly aesthetically appealing, but I also usually only drive on the 60 so I'll refrain.

Long Beach is a big place with many different neighborhoods. La Habra is your standard north county suburb. Quiet, middle-class, families.

What exactly are you looking for, aside from "safe and clean"? Where do you work? Do you need to commute? Income requirements? Rental or owning?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,237 times
I'm self employed and work from home so work isn't a problem.

I also forgot to mention that I don't have a car so a walk / bike friendly city would be great.

Going to rent an apartment, probably a small studio or 1 bedroom for around $800 - $900.

Appreciate the help.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letswalk View Post
I'm self employed and work from home so work isn't a problem.

I also forgot to mention that I don't have a car so a walk / bike friendly city would be great.

Going to rent an apartment, probably a small studio or 1 bedroom for around $800 - $900.

Appreciate the help.
Long Beach has better mass transit options than Industry and La Habra...

Old 07-31-2011, 10:34 AM

56 posts, read 138,558 times
City of Industry is less crowded and closer to West Covina.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 PM

74 posts, read 243,016 times
Chino Hills would be better Chino or any of the others that were originally posted. Safer, cleaner, and easy to bike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles