Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,359 times

Advertisements

Hello City-Data!

I'm looking to move to the Los Angeles area soon. Many personalities from YouTube reside in Los Angeles area, I'm looking to get more into that community. As far as work goes, looking to transfer at one of the Costco's there (Glendale, Inglewood, Commerce, Alhambra, or Burbank) not sure which one though. I've lived in Corona before and would visit LA for indie rock shows. I have a taste of what it's like being around metropolis.

Hope this isn't too much information:
Wondering where I should live probably closer to work than to downtown because that's my livelihood right now, I have a planned budget of $800 for rent but it's flexible. Don't want to live with people, prefer my own place, studio or 1bd/1bt, transportation: I would get a car once I'm there.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Burbank would be perfect. Look around online at studio apartments in Burbank you can for sure find them for under $800.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 13,359 times
Sounds good, will do BM_1 thanks!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:31 AM

56 posts, read 138,569 times
If you drive around Burbank and Hollywood, you'll probably spot many Youtube personalities. I'm not sure if you can get a map to their apartments though.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,003 times
Doesn't Shane Dawson live in a condo out in N. Hollywood?

Granted I'm not up on youtube but I always thought the goal was self-produced original content outside the confines of what Hollywood could imagine. Is it morphing into some sort of web cable channel with slicker productions and a cadre of wannabe actors? Is that why entertainers feel they need to move to LA so they can network & do collabs?

Anyway, $800 won't get you much in Burbank if you want your own pad, so you might want to take a look at Eagle Rock or Echo Park.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:45 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtuber View Post
Hello City-Data!

I'm looking to move to the Los Angeles area soon. Many personalities from YouTube reside in Los Angeles area, I'm looking to get more into that community. As far as work goes, looking to transfer at one of the Costco's there (Glendale, Inglewood, Commerce, Alhambra, or Burbank) not sure which one though. I've lived in Corona before and would visit LA for indie rock shows. I have a taste of what it's like being around metropolis.

Hope this isn't too much information:
Wondering where I should live probably closer to work than to downtown because that's my livelihood right now, I have a planned budget of $800 for rent but it's flexible. Don't want to live with people, prefer my own place, studio or 1bd/1bt, transportation: I would get a car once I'm there.

Thanks for your help!
Are you that "Lonely 16 Girl"?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 PM

64 posts, read 165,419 times
I also think Burbank would be you best option. For God's sake don't move to Inglewood! That place hasn't had anything good about it since the Lakers moved to Staples Center. lol.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 PM

213 posts, read 449,319 times
I suggest Burbank. But you better have a large subscriber base before you move to Los Angeles. Just because you live in LA, doesn't mean that you will automatically become a YouTube star!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles