Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:15 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckim View Post
OK, I did remember correctly. The reason I asked is there have been a couple of apartments in that area south of santa monica and didn't know if it was a recommended neighborhood. I have a young son and 80 year old mother that will be living with me and we can't compromise on safety.

It was surprisingly ugly because just a few blocks north it's so nice. We are trying to get as close to the Celebrity Centre as possible so we can walk, not drive over as parking looks non-existant on that block.
Then look on Beachwood and also on Franklin. There are really decent rentals on Beachwood right now. That area is called Franklin Village (where the Celebrity Centre is).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 PM

9 posts, read 46,781 times
OK, will do. I have a line on two right now, but am competing with people that live there and I am here in WA. Also, my brother has to co-sign because of my credit. So wish me luck. I really, really, really want this little bungalow on fountain but have to wait for another person to fail the credit check.

I hate the credit check mentality because my credit is so awful. But also it doesn't say anything about me as a renter. I have lived in the same place for 14 years now and I wish that would count for more than a credit check.

I also have been a idiot for not buying a house up here in all these years. Renting all my adult life has been so stupid and short sighted. A little advice from a knowledgeable person could have made our lives so much better as I was too dumb to figure it out myself.

Hey, thanks for your advice and hope to be there by the end of this month. My son is an actor and we are coming down for that reason. I know, yawn, another actor.

Best from ckim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles