Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM

53 posts, read 128,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Oh. To me that is driving aggressively... not passive-aggressive....

Not letting someone in is being aggressive.
I'd agree if people were going out their way to do that, but not when one keeps a steady pace while someone's trying to almost push their way in.

By aggressive driving, I mean when people tailgate, cut you off, force their way in, change lanes like it's a race, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,920,110 times
Mostly southern cities. No surprise at all.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,411,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Some other post on here talks about people from L.A. being all rude and crude. I dont believe that any more than I would that its drivers are. Sure theres always a jerk out there cutting you off on the street to keep thinks in perspective. But in all my travels and 45 years living in L.A; lately as a commercial driver, I find native Angelenos for the most part, are probably among the more courteous and certainly most skilled out there. And why not? There are more freeways and cycle cops to teach by ticket, than any other big city Ive been to. And Ive been to quite a few. I don't care for the exploitive attitude of the 'newbies' that have migrated there over the last 20 years, who appear to have little respect for L.A. beyond claiming everything in sight as their personal property, but I will always have deep love for my hometown as the greatest city on earth!
Yeah, dunno about the "native" part, but I've also lived in a lot of other crowded urban areas, and would have to agree that for the most part, "Angelenos" are actually a better & more skilled bunch of drivers. For example, they seem to both merge into traffic and anticipate off ramps better, and traffic usually "flows" easier back and forth, even across many lanes, without a lot of fuss. And for the sheer volume, it really moves surprisingly well.

Now when you get into O.C. and the 'burbs, whoa baby!... things are totally different and way more "extreme", e.g. more drivers who are either distracted and "out to lunch", or else they're much more "competitive"!

Speaking of "competitive", both Seattle (especially the Eastside), and Miami (lotsa folks "packing" heat).... not good!!

Last edited by mateo45; 09-01-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles