Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM

11 posts, read 48,521 times

Advertisements

its not as bad as it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 PM

95 posts, read 225,115 times
We work in Carson, two streets next to the SB Pavillion. It's a commercial/industrial area though, but I've seen only decent people there so far...

Old 08-21-2011, 03:47 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,979,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
can you be more specific with ALMOST OKAY
Crime, schools, kids, noise, trash, low class people, etc. I don't really worry about gangs because my kids don't go to school here or hang out with many kids from Carson, but it would otherwise be a big concern.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:53 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,979,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Where are all these gangs? My cousin's friend lives in Carson and has never encountered a gang member. She spent 375k for a nice townhome in the area.
Others on city data that live in LA have said the same thing and I don't know what to say about such people except that they are not very aware of their surroundings and are not street smart to the point of being clueless. But then again gangs will not really be a part of your life unless you have kids that might join or that might have problems with them. They don't really bother most people aside from some strong arm robberies and burglaries. They mostly bother each other and they aren't something that I ever have to think about.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 12,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Thanks for your input.
Carson is a very nice place to live. It has changed throughout the years, just like everywhere else has. If there gangs it's in certain parts just like anywhere else: beach areas, westside, etc. I know Del Amo, Centerview, Stevenson Village are all nice areas. The schools have dramatically changed alot have it's just the time and the overcrowding of California. Just do your research and you won't regret moving there. Good Luck

Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 AM

221 posts, read 424,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So this is your cousin's friend, not your friend which means you dont know her well enough to know if she's really ever encountered a gang member or not. CARSON is NOT GOOD. Just like its next door neighbors Compton and Gardena, I would NOT want to live there.

Here is a good representation of Carson:

Carson is bordered by Compton to the north, Long Beach to the East,Willmington to the south, and Torrance to the west. Very small portions of Carson touch Gardena.

I know my cousin friend fairly well.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:55 AM

21 posts, read 125,991 times
Gangs in Carson... From What I Know

African American

190 East Coast Crips

Victoria Park Carson Crips

Stevenson Village Crips

Cabbage Patch Piru

Center View Piru

Scott Park Piru

Kalas Park Loks (defunct)

Pacific Islander

West Side Piru

Samoan Warrior Bounty Hunters

Scottsdale Piru

Latino/Hipsanic

Carson 13 Ravenna Street

Dominguez Varrio 13

Keystone Rifa 13

Catskill Street Locos 13

Realty Street Locos 13

Victoria Park Locos 13

Night Crawlers 13 (defunct)

Asian

Original Genoside Bloods

Carson Pinoy Compadres 13

Real Pinoy Brothers

Scout Royal Brotherhood

The Boys

Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 PM

49 posts, read 72,407 times
How is Carson you ask? One word: Awful. There's a good soccer team that plays there, but that's about the only positive I can think of.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ace View Post
Gangs in Carson... From What I Know

African American

190 East Coast Crips

Victoria Park Carson Crips

Stevenson Village Crips

Cabbage Patch Piru

Center View Piru

Scott Park Piru

Kalas Park Loks (defunct)

Pacific Islander

West Side Piru

Samoan Warrior Bounty Hunters

Scottsdale Piru

Latino/Hipsanic

Carson 13 Ravenna Street

Dominguez Varrio 13

Keystone Rifa 13

Catskill Street Locos 13

Realty Street Locos 13

Victoria Park Locos 13

Night Crawlers 13 (defunct)

Asian

Original Genoside Bloods

Carson Pinoy Compadres 13

Real Pinoy Brothers

Scout Royal Brotherhood

The Boys
Are all these gangs active today? if so how can you tell?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 PM

A POST FROM POSTER WINNIEK "I have to disagree with you on a couple of things.There are more than just Asian gangs in Torrance their are also Hispanic gangs as well.I lived in Torrance for 6 years and I have driven through areas in Torrance that look like little Tijuana.Yes,these areas are in East Torrance but it takes literally 5 minutes to drive from West to East Torrance.I also worked in Manhattan Beach for awhile and was aware of gang activity in Redondo Beach .I find it hard to believe that it's residents don't.Live in Westchester now gang activity here as well.Culver City gangs as well.You can find gang activity in just about any suburb in Los Angeles County that's just a fact of living in L.A. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles