Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,829 times

Advertisements

Hey...well I was just looking at some of the posts on here and have already seen a few by people who live in the NYC area who want to move to LA. Well, I'm one of them!

Truth is, I don't really know what I want to do with myself at the moment. I actually live in NJ and have lived here my whole life. I'm a 24/f, just recently graduated from college. I have a dog who is like my kid, and I would definitely bring him with me. I'm worried to move to across the country (never been there before) but also excited at the idea of it. I keep telling myself I should live in NYC first, but...I'm really not the type that would want to live in NYC. Plus...it's expensive! Too expensive. For all you people that think LA is bad....trust me, you get so much more for your money out there than here.

So here's the thing...more affordable out in LA or not, I will still probably need a roommate or two. I'm looking to find people who might want to move to LA in the next few months or next year. I want to get to know someone before I actually meet them and move in with them...need to know that they share my interests and are cool and trustworthy. I'm a really big music and film fan...I go to concerts all the time, I love animals...I'm not a party person, don't really care to be the center of attention, and I hardly ever drink. So...I'm pretty laidback and cool with anyone, as long as they are cool with me. I really would want a roommate who also loves music and art...

[Mod cut: contact information removed at OP's request]

Sarah

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 02-08-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,636,513 times
why don't you try posting in the 'ny girl relocating to LA' thread. the original poster is close to your age, and it sounds like you have a love of music in common. perhaps she'll need a roommate.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:37 PM

14 posts, read 40,374 times
Make no mistake. Depending where you wish to live, just like in NYC, LA can be pretty expensive. . Also mass transportation is not like in NYC. FOr the most part here you will need a car and gas is pretty expensive. So be careful what you wish for.
DO some research as well or travel here and check it out and try to go from point a to point b taking the bus or the metro and see how long it will take you and if you can deal with that. Otherwise you will need a car and that is costly. Also changing your registration from NYC to LA will cost you a bunch depending how old your car is. Taxes are 9% here.
Good luck.

-------
...I'm really not the type that would want to live in NYC. Plus...it's expensive! Too expensive. For all you people that think LA is bad....trust me, you get so much more for your money out there than here.

So here's the thing...more affordable out in LA or not, I will still probably need a roommate or two. I'm looking to find people who might want to move to LA in the next few months or next year. I want to get to know someone before I actually meet them and move in with them...need to know that they share my interests and are cool and trustworthy. I'm a really big music and film fan...I go to concerts all the time, I love animals...I'm not a party person, don't really care to be the center of attention, and I hardly ever drink. So...I'm pretty laidback and cool with anyone, as long as they are cool with me. I really would want a roommate who also loves music and art...

[Mod cut: contact information removed at OP's request]

Sarah[/quote]

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 02-08-2010 at 08:26 PM..

Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 AM

460 posts, read 1,770,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urockstar View Post
I'm really not the type that would want to live in NYC. Plus...it's expensive! Too expensive. For all you people that think LA is bad....trust me, you get so much more for your money out there than here.
I've lived in both Los Angeles and NYC, and I don't find NYC to be more expensive...

Food is about the same (maybe cheaper in NYC depending on your eating habits.

Transportation is WAY more expensive in Los Angeles: Car, gas, insurance, parking meters, parking decks (you have to pay to park at many malls office buildings, etc) parking tickets (and YES, you WILL get them).

Housing is cheaper in Los Angeles, but you get what you pay for in both places.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,788 times
Hey,up and coming "RockStar" who is moving from Bay Area to LA.Have $ just need a room to rent.$500. Not married,No Headcase,No Drama. Smoke,Drink,no drugs! To Vain to kill myself! Looking to move by March 10. Google me,iam all over the place! jjaxxson@msn.com

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-20-2009 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: No links to personal websites

Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,830,538 times
Given that this thread was started in August of 2007, I think it's probably safe to say that the original poster has found a place by now .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: