Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 PM

215 posts, read 490,093 times

Advertisements

Thats fine if that is your opinion Benny, like I said I agree with 99% of your list. I just don't think cussing is a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,798,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatebandwagonfans View Post
LA is a dump
The ihatespoiledbrattypeople sockpuppet has spoken. Surely we are all the more enlightened with his latest contribution.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,543,125 times
This thread reminds me....they need to bring back The Man Show.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:29 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,231,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockfan86 View Post
Thats fine if that is your opinion Benny, like I said I agree with 99% of your list. I just don't think cussing is a problem.
Cussing is not the problem, it is a symptom.
I agree that there are degrees, some places it is not as bad as in others.
In public? Not appropriate.
In private? Not necessarily so bad.
Cuss words sometimes make a certain point, deliver some emotions uniquely, however, more often than not there are better words available. Cuss words are usually used for shock value only.
Imagine Obama using them in a speech. It would make people think less of him.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM

396 posts, read 904,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
That is part of it.
This is some more, but certainly not all
Manly men:
do not wear pants so their underwear is showing
respect other people
have manners

Always amused at the subtle, okay it's not really subtle, racism and the whining about sagging pants.

I find it hilarious that you want to respect others when the first thing you started to whine about was someones fashion. Why can't you respect their fashion?

But hey, I would probably move if LA turned into cesspools like Nashville or Oklahoma City.

The rest of the list was just a bunch of right wing talking points anyways.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM

215 posts, read 490,093 times
I already think less of Obama, but he managed to do that without cussing. I also don't care about sagging pants. I don't sag my pants, but I don't really care if someone else does.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,231,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Always amused at the subtle, okay it's not really subtle, racism and the whining about sagging pants.

I find it hilarious that you want to respect others when the first thing you started to whine about was someones fashion. Why can't you respect their fashion?

But hey, I would probably move if LA turned into cesspools like Nashville or Oklahoma City.

The rest of the list was just a bunch of right wing talking points anyways.
I dont know how that is racism since I am black. I am rough on my own people since I think 1/2 of them are hopelessly self-destructive.

As to the rest of the list being right wing talking points, I have no idea how good manners and not hitting women is a political position unless you are insinuating that democrats have no manners and hit women.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,799,811 times
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.
Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!
With the gold in yo mouth, hat turned sideways
think you're a cool cat lookin' like a fool with yo pants on the ground!
Get 'em up!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:10 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,799,811 times
Anyways...

The whole attitude that a city is any more or less "manly" is dumb, and this is coming from a guy who owns firearms, does his own oil changes, and whose biggest financial decision at the moment is "El Camino or Chevelle?"

I'm wondering how you could possible rank LA as "less manly" based on stereotypes than San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, or New York?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,798,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Cuss words are usually used for shock value only.
Imagine Obama using them in a speech. It would make people think less of him.
Not me - he oughta cuss like a drunk sailor when talking to or about teabaggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles