Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 PM

10,017 posts, read 9,448,103 times

Advertisements

There are quite a few fans who would be willing to fill the stadium up. But the team and it's owners need to do their part. Crappy owners have dragged the dodgers down, constant media coverage about one incident, expensive tickets. The first step is to get new owners who care about the game. Get the media to stop focusing on the one beating incident and keep the tickets ate a reasonable price. You'll then start to see an increase in attendance.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,087,082 times
i work for the dodgers and attendance is definitely at an all time low. theyll sometimes announce their attendance at 35,000 but there's 20,000 max at the stadium.

the reason for low numbers are many, the list can go on, years prior you'd have 40,000 at every single home game and sellouts when big teams would come through.

nobody likes the owner, i don't like the owner. he's going through a divorce and doesn't want to sell the team, but is bankrupt so there's no option, especially that now that league took over. people are sittin back until there's a new owner.

the team isn't that great. they've been winning a lot lately, but there's no big names for the dodgers other than kershaw and kemp. if it weren't for them two, there would hardly be any people at the games.

i agree that parking and ticket prices are too expensive. $15 is kinda ridiculous and $30 for closer spots. field level tix go from 60-120 and that's not even for seats right behind home plate. areas like prime ticket club (seats along baseline) are from $175-300 and dugout seats behind home plate go for as much as $650.

i don't think the incident that occurred on opening day has scared a lot of people off, but they're waiting for the whole owners mess to blow though. i think the ones that do show up are huge dodger fans, and in general have a great fan base who are hardcore about the team. i'm from texas and i wish my astros had fans like these, i can just only imagine what that stadium was like in years past.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM

5 posts, read 6,498 times
Honestly, I think the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets, Phillies, Tigers, Cardinals, White Sox, and Indians are far more popular than the Dodgers.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:49 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,784,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatebandwagonfans View Post
Honestly, I think the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets, Phillies, Tigers, Cardinals, White Sox, and Indians are far more popular than the Dodgers.
Maybe not in L.A. That's where they play their home games. Because they're the L.A. Dodgers. Not NY, Boston, Philly, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, or Cleveland. Besides a smattering of Dodger fans in those areas and around the world, the SoCal region has more than enough people to make up one of the largest MLB fanbases in the league.

As has been said, they will return en masse when the current fool owner sells the team. Right now, many are boycotting until that happens.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM

890 posts, read 1,843,791 times
McCourt has to go.....the Dodgers have some promising young players, but will have no way to retain them if he sticks around.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM

890 posts, read 1,843,791 times
Quote:
Yeah, but none of those teams had a ballpark that was as nice to go and watch a baseball game than Dodger Stadium pre-McCourt.

I'm not saying anything negative about the teams you mentioned...I've been to several of those parks (old and new versions) and they all had their charm. But Dodger Stadium was always my favorite place to watch a ballgame.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,970,369 times
Quote:
A few things you should be aware of.

1) Nobody in LA cares about those teams.

2) The Dodgers have routinely been a sell out for years, despite not getting to the world series in over 20 years.

Los Angeles Dodgers home attendance decline worst in MLB - ESPN Los Angeles

There are many reasons why the 2011 season has seen a sharp decline in attendance. McCourt is a piece of Sh*T. Send him back to Boston. LA needs a local owner...like a Jerry Buss who will put winning first....not his bank account.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,308,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i find it funny how people love to blame football fans in LA. IMHO, it was davis and frontiere who lost out by moving away from the 2nd largest media market in the country. bad decisions on the part of both owners disillusioned their fans to the point where nearly every home game was blacked out on TV.
Thats what everybody says, literally everywhere, that the reason why L.A. lost their NFL teams is because nobody supported them, fans stopped going to the games, thats what I have to say to back up my argument.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,308,110 times
thats what I hate and despise, loathe about L.A., L.A. has an attention attitude, mindset, mentality, about what's "cool, hot, popular", for example, nobody gave a rat's ass about the L.A. Galaxy until David Beckham arrived, and when USC was dominating under Pete Carroll, before Pete Carroll arrived, it was like who cares about USC? People in L.A. are like spoiled little children

Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,119,196 times
The Dodgers are truly one of the great time honored franchises in all of professional sports.

Over the past decades they have epitomized class, integrity, professionalism, great organization, and insight.

All of this has changed under the current ownerhship, and the fans truly sense this. They have come to the realization that is foolish supporting the franchise under current ownerhship and they are hoping that the franchise is sold shortly.

Once responsible and insightful ownership returns to the Dodgers, the fans will return----they have simply tired of this current script.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles