Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:58 PM

401 posts, read 767,291 times

Advertisements

After seeing a dirtbag just get off work, walk down the road and wantonly dispose of his drink cup, I've decided to continue the thread....

Here's todays' installment of Angelino's creative trash disposal methods:

Pasadena recently installed these "Used Cup Receptacle's" in various places throughout town. This receptacle holds roughly 100 used cups. The receptacle also serves as a safety barrier. Dual purpose!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 04:09 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
I think a lot of it is cultural. There are a lot of immigrants from places that don't have respect for cleanliness. Where I live Armenians throw their bags of fast food trash out their window in from of my house (and they do it in front of their own homes). I have seen multiple Armenians walking down the street drinking a soda/red bull or whatever and throw the can down on the sidewalk when they are done.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:23 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
I'm in Oregon right now for my nieces wedding, Oregon is much much cleaner, Oregonians are proud of their beautiful state.
What does California have lots of that Oregon only has a little of. Poor immigrants.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:46 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
What does California have lots of that Oregon only has a little of. Poor immigrants.
Have you considered moving there?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
His opinion might not be popular amongst the liberal hippies around here but it's correct. A lot of immigrants from poorer countries don't understand the concept of using trash cans just like they don't under stand that their kids aren't supposed to throw rocks at stray dogs or play in the street

Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
His opinion might not be popular amongst the liberal hippies around here but it's correct. A lot of immigrants from poorer countries don't understand the concept of using trash cans just like they don't under stand that their kids aren't supposed to throw rocks at stray dogs or play in the street
I have a marital relation with a family that thinks their fast-food/associated car trash goes out their window when they pull up (i.e. somebody's yard, sidewalk, gutter, etc).

They are 100% 'Murican.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:07 AM

Here's today's installment:

Discarded chewing gum sticks to shoes and makes sidewalks unsightly.

Inventive Angeleno's have devised in ingenious dual purposed solution:

Instead of throwing your styro cup in the trash or recycling, wedge it somewhere likely to draw attention, so people can discard their used chewing gum there.

Here is a prime example of perfect placement, a hand rail.

I am constantly amazed at Angeleno's resourcefulness and creativity in solving our trash disposal problems.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:56 AM

Noticed a few unique "trash jamming" techniques recently, so thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Los Angeles developers have invented a new, ingenious refuse collector. This model features a receptacle connected to a high pressure water source. Putting bags in cans wastes a bag. Here, a city worker can simply shoot the garbage into their collection container by turning on the water source. Additionally, this method uses less labor. No more stooping, pulling bags out of cans, carrying and inserting a fresh bag.

Genius! Angelenos are so creative and smart.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:10 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Freedom View Post
Or storm drains, for that matter?

Seems every day I see someone jamming their drink cup or fast food remnants into a bush... as if it is some kind of refuse receptacle. I've lived in San Diego and the Bay Area and have not seen this "bush trash jamming" to such and elevated (and sometimes creative) level.

Some groups are much more careless and throw their trash directly on the ground without a care... but the bush trash jammers are different. They seem to expend at least a little effort to try and hide their laziness and filthiness.

Did I miss the memo saying that this is an OK way to get rid of your trash in LA?
It means there aren't enough public trash cans around. I used to see that in Seattle, until the city put trash cans around the commercial streets, especially, and at bus stops and some parks. But people still use residential shrubbery as trash receptacles, when there are none handy.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:47 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I'm trying to figure out why if someone makes a valid observation and criticizes immigrants that that person should be encouraged to move be elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles