Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Lady View Post
No race of men want the black woman anymore what is up with that.
I am open to date black women, but in my experience it is black women who don't want to date anything else but black. They are hung up on it. Every other race is inter-dating between races except blacks.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM

385 posts, read 721,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I am open to date black women, but in my experience it is black women who don't want to date anything else but black. They are hung up on it. Every other race is inter-dating between races except blacks.
I second this, black women are so strung on this "strong black woman" thing they dont draw the line between female black empowerment and dating who you love, not "dating another race might make me a sell out"

Love is love

Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
Well I have to disagree with the last two comments (k374 & Shinhiryuu), based solely on my experiences. I've gone out with a few black girls recently (I'm Indian), never was a problem. I didn't have to do a big sell job for them to go out with a non-black like me. But this may have to do with where I met them, which was a bar that's very diverse. So if they wanted to be approached by black guys only, well then they wouldn't have been there that night.

My Chinese friend had a black girlfriend for over 2 years and my Korean friend has been successful dating a few recently. I'd say black girls are some of the most open to dating outside their race. Again, that's just what I've observed (be it out in the "field" or on dating sites).

Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Actually, according to this story, the problem is national:

The collapse of marriage among blacks is well documented, but not the sexual, psychological, emotional and social toll this has taken on black women. Seven out of ten are single. Of the others, many are forced into “man-sharing”.

Unmarried black women: Down or out | The Economist

Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM

28 posts, read 34,272 times
Exclamation As a black American person ...

I am so tired of our business being put in the street. How has this become a national topic ? Why ? Towards what end ? What's with all the attention on the black woman and her attitude, her career, her so called "strong black woman" persona, her ability to find a mate ?

Speaking as a person who has a BA in Philosophy and Black Studies (not that that's doing much for me in today's job market) study history, study federal and state policy, federal and state laws, check the incarceration rates and percentages for each state.

Oh God, I don't mean to rant but enough of our business in the street. Enough of videos of women and men putting each other down. Enough Nightline specials, Economist articles, everything. It's embarrassing. It's somewhat degrading, and its damn depressing.

What's that expression ? Something about if you want to know where you're going then look at where you've been . Something like that.

Again, who decided this was a national topic ?

And to the poster, please don't let yourself believe nobody wants the black woman anymore. It's just not true. It's not logical. Even if it feels that way. Even if it appears that way. It's just not true. Take heart.

Last edited by earthgirl2010; 10-26-2011 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 PM

28 posts, read 34,272 times
Default Tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Actually, according to this story, the problem is national:

The collapse of marriage among blacks is well documented, but not the sexual, psychological, emotional and social toll this has taken on black women. Seven out of ten are single. Of the others, many are forced into “man-sharing”.

Unmarried black women: Down or out | The Economist

All that being said I had to tweet this article.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM

39 posts, read 99,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgirl2010 View Post
I am so tired of our business being put in the street. How has this become a national topic ? Why ? Towards what end ? What's with all the attention on the black woman and her attitude, her career, her so called "strong black woman" persona, her ability to find a mate ?

Speaking as a person who has a BA in Philosophy and Black Studies (not that that's doing much for me in today's job market) study history, study federal and state policy, federal and state laws, check the incarceration rates and percentages for each state.

Oh God, I don't mean to rant but enough of our business in the street. Enough of videos of women and men putting each other down. Enough Nightline specials, Economist articles, everything. It's embarrassing. It's somewhat degrading, and its damn depressing.

What's that expression ? Something about if you want to know where you're going then look at where you've been . Something like that.

Again, who decided this was a national topic ?

And to the poster, please don't let yourself believe nobody wants the black woman anymore. It's just not true. It's not logical. Even if it feels that way. Even if it appears that way. It's just not true. Take heart.
"Enough Nightline specials, Economist articles, everything. It's embarrassing. It's somewhat degrading, and its damn depressing."

How has this become a national issue? Blacks live all over America, did you think other people weren't going to get wind of this eventually? "I am so tired of our business being put in the street." What? Would you rather this issue be swept under the rug as we blacks are so apt to do with so many other issues?

This is something that needs to be addressed, discussed and talked about ad nauseum until we get our collective acts together. This is our problem. We DON'Twant to talk about things and yet we want to get embarrassed when they come to light. I want to see more articles and more 20/20 specials. Maybe embarrassment is the kick in the ass some of us need.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanr0cker View Post
Maybe embarrassment is the kick in the ass some of us need.
Previous generations made a point of not talking about challenging issues back in the day, i.e. the 50's, so as not to disturb the staus quo, or possibly cause some discomfort in Pleasantville, USA. Addressing such issues directly, thoughtfully and seriously is the only way positive change happens. Shall we instead revisit life as our parents and grandparents knew it? (Times that, for many, were comparatively unpleasant in hindsight)

Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
I'll probally sign off after this...but before I do I just want to say...

It's always the same, women who post threads like this never actually 'listen' to the responses'....

To them it's 'I'm gooooood...all men baaaad'...

Without actually listnening to the responses....

Which is one reason why your alone...cause you don't 'listen'....

You don't listen to what your 'man' or date is really trying to communicate...

Instead you want a 'Ken Doll' of sorts'....

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashion-beauty/1045789-im-not-ken-doll.html

This make believe template of a mate...that only exists in your head...

Try listening to what people, males, black males are telling ya....

Soon I may have my own radio show...and this will be a great topic to bring up...

But if the average black woman looked at me...she would see nothing...her selfcentered nature would prevent her from seeing potential...and that's exactly the issue...until you address that...problem will continue...

Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM

39 posts, read 99,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I'll probally sign off after this...but before I do I just want to say...

It's always the same, women who post threads like this never actually 'listen' to the responses'....

To them it's 'I'm gooooood...all men baaaad'...

Without actually listnening to the responses....

Which is one reason why your alone...cause you don't 'listen'....

You don't listen to what your 'man' or date is really trying to communicate...

Instead you want a 'Ken Doll' of sorts'....

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashion-beauty/1045789-im-not-ken-doll.html

This make believe template of a mate...that only exists in your head...

Try listening to what people, males, black males are telling ya....

Soon I may have my own radio show...and this will be a great topic to bring up...

But if the average black woman looked at me...she would see nothing...her selfcentered nature would prevent her from seeing potential...and that's exactly the issue...until you address that...problem will continue...
So what are black males trying to tell us? I never wanted a Ken Doll, I just didn't want a 'T-Dawg' doll either. I grew up in a very progressive, multicultural environment. I wasn't raised to believe black men were supposed to look or act a certain way. Actually image and projected image were the least of my early teachings. I was however raised to think that all men were supposed to have goals in life, treat women with respect and taught that I have a right to a choice. I have a right not to "date down" or settle.

But if the average black woman looked at me...she would see nothing...her selfcentered nature would prevent her from seeing potential...and that's exactly the issue...

Sounds like shuffling the blame to me. What is it about you that black women seem to look right through? What potential should we see seen but miss?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles