Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 5,413 times

Advertisements

I'm a big fan from Sweden and managed to get two tickets for the 4th of November shoot.
I've been told they release more tickets than seats and it depends on a number of factors how many of the ticket holders that actually get a seat.
The show starts at 7 pm.
When would you say I need to get in line to be sure not to miss out??

//Joa the Swede
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 11:22 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
My wife and I used to go watch filmings. We got in line at 2pm. That got us in the parking structure as one of the first and usually front seats.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 PM

That´s earlier than I thought, but on the other hand if I only have one shot in this life, I guess I'll just have to be there early enough
A couple of questions.
The show starts at 7 and you say you used to be in line around 2. When do they let you into the studio? I mean, do you have to spend hours outside the studio just waiting....
Is there anyway to grab a bite to eat. Without any food from 2 pm until late evening when the filming ends.....will kill me....

Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,859,287 times
Let me know if Charlie is coming back, otherwise I think you should be fine even if you show up in the middle of the show...

Okay, now wait for some real advice.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,882 times
I've watched dozens of live tapings over the years, some famous shows, some not so famous. I remember standing in line for "Friends" in the mid 90s, but the thing I remember the most about that day is the hours we spent watching the taping, we mustv'e sat there 7 hours watching the taping. After a few hours, our asses were starting to get sore so we wanted to leave, but it seemed like a shame since we were already there and it was so hard to get tickets and there were still a lot of people outside waiting to get in, so we sat and watched for a couple more hours. But even after that, they were *still* taping and it was getting late so we left, but there was no shortage of people outside waiting to take our place.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:05 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joabj View Post
That´s earlier than I thought, but on the other hand if I only have one shot in this life, I guess I'll just have to be there early enough
The studios give out more tickets than they have actual seats - so if you want to be sure to get in, get there early! There's nothing worse than making the drive, finding parking, and standing in line, and then not getting in, because too many people with tickets showed up, and are in line in front of you.

Most people say to arrive 2 or 3 hours before the taping starts, unless it's an extremely popular show, and then it's sometimes necessary to arrive really early! So ferretkona's suggestion to get there five hours early sounds reasonable to me.

Quote:
The show starts at 7 and you say you used to be in line around 2. When do they let you into the studio? I mean, do you have to spend hours outside the studio just waiting....
You will be standing outside in line, and then standing inside in line, and then sitting in your seat forever. It may be a 30 minute show - but you should expect to be there for hours.

Quote:
Is there anyway to grab a bite to eat. Without any food from 2 pm until late evening when the filming ends.....will kill me....
Bring snacks and bottled water for while you're lined up outside. And be prepared to toss them when you actually get inside. Every show is different, but usually there's a trash can by the entrance, and everyone tosses their water bottles in, as they go through.

Oh, and if you have a safe in your hotel room, leave your camera there.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Thanks for all you answers!
One last (or maybe not ;-))......any toilets around when waiting in line and or during filming.
4-5 hours waiting in line, with snacks and drinks (as suggested) will most likely require the occasional toilet visit.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:53 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
We were not seated till one hour before shooting.
Restrooms were always available.
Do not bring a cell phone or camera. To make it quicker do not wear much metal. The security is no different than the airport. I locked my car keys in the truck as I have a keypad entry.
I believe all studios require a printed invite for each guest, bring your id.

We brought bottles of water and sandwiches in a bag. We were allowed to bring the food and water in the studio.

We attended about 50 filmings of "That 70's Show". We were lucky with that show that the cast autographed after the filming, this is not typical. We bought scripts off ebay and had them signed, we later made friends with a crew member that gave us scripts. The warm up comedian usually has 20 to 30 scripts they hand out to the audience in most shows.

A 30 minute show took 3 to 4 hours to shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles