Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 PM

14 posts, read 29,023 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some advice on areas to live in LA. I lived in North Hills for the summer of 2009 and didn't really enjoy it that much, felt kind of out of place and there wasn't really anyone my age there. I'm 21 years old right now, I've been living in San Diego for a little over 2 years, and I'd like to move back to LA to give acting one more shot - I did some acting a couple years ago, but once I moved out to San Diego I started working full time and ended up trying out some other unrelated hobbies.

I'd like to avoid living with roommates if possible, I'd be looking for a studio or 1 bedroom. I've calculated my expenses and my budget would be $1000/month or less for rent. I'd be moving out there with a job, or at least I'm planning on it right now depending on if I can convince my employer. I've got a steady job where I make decent money for my age, and one guy in my department has already moved out of state and is working from home now, so I figure I could do the same (not move out of state but work from home in LA). I've also got about $4000 in savings, which isn't a lot but if I have a job when I move out I should be fine.

The most important factor is that wherever I live is close to auditions, as acting will be why I'm moving out there. Obviously safety is also important, I don't want to live anywhere too ghetto. A younger crowd would be nice with people my age. I don't need a ton of space, so I'm totally fine with living in a smaller studio as long as the area I'm in is decent. I was thinking of possibly Burbank, or West/North Hollywood, but since I haven't been to LA in a couple years I'm not sure which areas would work best for me. What would you all recommend as far as where to live? Once I get some places in mind I figure I'll come out for a weekend, check out the area as well as apartments, then hopefully after some planning I can move in the next couple months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles