U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM

12,977 posts, read 30,351,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Unless you smoke and then it is like Nazi Germany
Yeah, but really, who smokes nowdays? I rarely see any cigarette smokers. I see hookah lounges and know a lot of people who smoke hookah at home, but really, almost never see any cigarette smokers.

I love that Calabasas no smoking ordinance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM

844 posts, read 1,856,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Go to a park, NO SMOKING. Walking around the Commons shopping complex, NO SMOKING. And its ENFORCED which makes it even better. No smoking even in the parking lot. You HAVE to love that about Calabasas.
Since it's the law, you are right - you HAVE to. Sucks that narrow minded people like you can impose such stupid laws & take away choices from others.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM

10,087 posts, read 13,557,434 times
Quote:
Yeah, but really, who smokes nowdays? I rarely see any cigarette smokers. I see hookah lounges and know a lot of people who smoke hookah at home, but really, almost never see any cigarette smokers.

I love that Calabasas no smoking ordinance.
Really? I know less people smoke in LA than other areas of the country, but I see people smoking here every day.

The no smoking in parks I get. But shopping centers? That is ridiculous.

If the people in Calabasas aren't enough of a deterrent to living there, then the silly laws they make are (and I am not a smoker, I just think that law is stupid and overreaching.)

Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
Since it's the law, you are right - you HAVE to. Sucks that narrow minded people like you can impose such stupid laws & take away choices from others.
LOL. People can smoke at home. Keep that cancerous second hand smoke away from me and my kids. Its about public health and safety first. Your personal bad habit is not as important. Kudos to Calabasas for its smoking ban.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,734,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Really? I know less people smoke in LA than other areas of the country, but I see people smoking here every day.

The no smoking in parks I get. But shopping centers? That is ridiculous.

If the people in Calabasas aren't enough of a deterrent to living there, then the silly laws they make are (and I am not a smoker, I just think that law is stupid and overreaching.)
There are fewer native born upper middle class people, particularly native born upper middle class whites, who smoke than in other parts of the US.

However native born upper middle class people, particularly native born upper middle class whites, are a small minority of the population of L.A. County. So L.A. County has plenty of smokers.

They are a pretty large percentage of Calabasas' population, however. And with them come all the nanny-state hyper-regulation of one's personal life which is a California disease in general.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM

844 posts, read 1,856,607 times
Quote:
LOL. People can smoke at home. Keep that cancerous second hand smoke away from me and my kids. Its about public health and safety first. Your personal bad habit is not as important. Kudos to Calabasas for its smoking ban.
Do you operate an automobile or patronize mass transit? If so, you are doing more to damage your children's lungs than tobacco smoke could ever do in the open air.

Even if you do not partake in fossil fuel transportation, your kids are still being exposed to it's cancerous exhaust. You are a bad parent for making them live in a place that condones public burning of fossil fuel. Shame on you!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
Do you operate an automobile or patronize mass transit? If so, you are doing more to damage your children's lungs than tobacco smoke could ever do in the open air.

Even if you do not partake in fossil fuel transportation, your kids are still being exposed to it's cancerous exhaust.
Exactly. That is why its so refreshing and great that the city of Calabasas has this no smoking ordinance to help reduce the amount of harmful chemicals in the air that effects us all. Its also great that a lot of folks drive Hybrid vehicles around here as well to do their part to help reduce the amount of toxins in the air. Plus your argument is beyond ridiculous because you are actually saying that ALL parents are horrible for having kids. But I do understand you say this from emotional upset instead of rational thinking because you are probably a smoker and/or you just disagree with the people of Calabasas caring about public health/safety and passing the no smoking ordinance. LMAO.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 PM

156 posts, read 354,803 times
Yuppys and wannabes

Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,499,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabguy View Post
Yuppys and wannabes
Nannies bunkering down in Pleasantville. Funny though, as much as they want to keep their kids sheltered in a 50's pasty-white fantasyland, they have no idea what the innocent little cherubs are exposed to and discussing on the interwebs. Might be time to ban that too!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM

68 posts, read 142,895 times
Calabasas AKA Cala-blackless (don't hate, it's coined by Calabasans) is Blah-ville, CA. Everything is cookie cutter and it has the heat of Woodland Hills. This is where you go to retire and yes, stop smoking. I will give them this, they are very health conscious there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles