U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think is worse?
Compton 10 27.03%
Watts 27 72.97%
Inglewood 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:21 PM

2,624 posts, read 6,393,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post

City of what Industry?!
Apparently, crime...
//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

And, corruption...
Rutgers University Press: City of Industry: Genealogies of Power in Southern California - Victor Valle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 PM

202 posts, read 339,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
Yeah if you go a little east of CSUDH on Victoria there are some businesses and those businesses are in the Compton city limits. I had assumed that's what the poster meant. That or somewhere similar. Most of Compton is north/northeast of Carson, but small bits are due east.

There actually is an unicorporated area known as Rancho Dominguez. I had to go to a company on victoria street just east of CSUDH and it was Rancho Dominguez. The lady at the company told me the same thing. However, just north is Compton.

From wikipedia below:

Rancho Dominguez, California

Last edited by Count David; 12-14-2011 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: link instead of article please

Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
West Rancho Dominguez is considered as "West Compton" on this map, but the actual city of Compton is still technically drawn as east of CSUDH, at least on Victoria Street.

Is that inaccurate?

see my post to 2easy

Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 AM

TONIGHT: Carson plans annexation hearing - The Daily Breeze

Posted: 12/05/2011 10:42:06 PM PST
Updated: 12/06/2011 08:13:02 AM PST

Carson. The City Council will hold a public hearing tonight on whether to move forward with its attempt to annex Rancho Dominguez, a 2.6-square-mile unincorporated area northeast of the city's borders between Long Beach and Compton. A staff analysis found that annexation probably would not be financially sustainable for Carson. The meeting is at 6 p.m. at 701 E. Carson St.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:09 AM

Carson to pursue Rancho Dominguez annexation despite cost - The Daily Breeze

Carson to pursue Rancho Dominguez annexation despite cost

Quote:
Carson is again seeking to seize control of the unincorporated Rancho Dominguez area northeast of the city, even though early analysis shows the takeover could cost the city millions of dollars.
The City Council voted 4-1 early Wednesday morning to file an application with the county's Local Agency Formation Commission for the 2.6-square-mile industrial pocket bordered by Long Beach, Compton and Carson. Though the area is economically depressed, it contains the historic Dominguez Rancho Adobe Museum, a manufacturing sector and several mobile home parks.

Last edited by Count David; 12-14-2011 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: quote, link, and snippet is enough, thanks

Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...g-watts-3.html

posted by katenik in the the thread that i provided a link to above.

"do you remember turning left OFF redondo beach blvd. after you turned right? there's a mcdonald's on figueroa, just north of redondo beach blvd, east of the 110. it's either in gardena, or the unincorporated community of rancho dominguez, which lies between compton and gardena. (i think most people call the area west compton, but it is not actually a part of that city, and the people i know who live there use the prettier name. can't say that i blame them.)"

Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 PM

60 posts, read 218,547 times
meh
I live in Inglewood. I just graduated from a top university and so did my neighbor. Crimes have tanked in the past two years. Especially murders, which I hate the most. In all honesty, my street is as quiet as it gets. It's peaceful at night. not a peep. Our biggest problem is graffiti on the street next to us since it is a corridor to Morningside High but the city obliterates it the next day. When I turn on my street, it looks so beautiful I can't believe it sometimes. But that's not to say we don't still have a lot of work to do to become a respectable part of the South Bay again. Time will tell. Eliminate gangs= and i think all will be good.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,179,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALove24 View Post
meh
I live in Inglewood. I just graduated from a top university and so did my neighbor. Crimes have tanked in the past two years. Especially murders, which I hate the most. In all honesty, my street is as quiet as it gets. It's peaceful at night. not a peep. Our biggest problem is graffiti on the street next to us since it is a corridor to Morningside High but the city obliterates it the next day. When I turn on my street, it looks so beautiful I can't believe it sometimes. But that's not to say we don't still have a lot of work to do to become a respectable part of the South Bay again. Time will tell. Eliminate gangs= and i think all will be good.

Inglewood used to be really bad with crime in the 1980's and 1990's. I think it was almost as bad as Compton back in the day.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,880,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
There actually is an unicorporated area known as Rancho Dominguez. I had to go to a company on victoria street just east of CSUDH and it was Rancho Dominguez. The lady at the company told me the same thing. However, just north is Compton.

From wikipedia below:

Rancho Dominguez, California
I'm not a surveyor but I think that parts of Victoria are in Compton city limits. Google should show the borders but I'm on my phone.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:06 AM

13,448 posts, read 25,355,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
I'm not a surveyor but I think that parts of Victoria are in Compton city limits. Google should show the borders but I'm on my phone.
East of Bishop, north of Victoria is Compton, south of Victoria is Carson until Wilmington Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles