Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,953,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well I'd suggest Vegas but it's sold out.
Yea, I don't want to Vegas; that's too far. I am going by myself so prefer something local.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 04:28 PM

672 posts, read 2,171,193 times
I did the Together As One rave at the Colliseum last year, which was pretty sweet. Unfortunately dance events are mostly banned at the Colliseum for now, and Together As One moved to Oak Canyon Park out in Irvine for this year.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
I did the Together As One rave at the Colliseum last year, which was pretty sweet. Unfortunately dance events are mostly banned at the Colliseum for now, and Together As One moved to Oak Canyon Park out in Irvine for this year.
I don't like raves or rave music. I was looking for something upscale and glamorous, like more "black tie" where you can dress up and wear something fancy, not a rave. I like music acts like Britney Spears etc. Raves are for alternative people many of who like to do ecstacy etc. I am looking for something exclusive (more expensive tickets) where they don't let 15,000 people in (I read that the last Together One had like 15,000 people). Raves are not my style.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,220,649 times
HA HAH! I just saw this and thought of this thread:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399777_2969812208076_1344855967_3185320_817519678_ n.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-30-2011, 06:11 PM

245 posts, read 711,147 times
Cobra Starship, Lupe Fiasco, and Mario Lopez will be at the Hollywood and Highland Complex for NYE. Don't know if you're into them, but tickets start at $75.

Also the SLS hotel has a masquerade ball if you want to dress up.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyThe2nd View Post
Cobra Starship, Lupe Fiasco, and Mario Lopez will be at the Hollywood and Highland Complex for NYE. Don't know if you're into them, but tickets start at $75.

Also the SLS hotel has a masquerade ball if you want to dress up.
Yep, the Mario Lopez one is EXACTLY what I was referring to! I was looking for an event just like that... Not a club but a celeb hosted event with live acts. I only heard of this event when I saw the gigantic billboard on Highland. Not really into Cobra Starship tho so I decided not to go. Just staying at home o NYE cleaning my house.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:52 PM

10,084 posts, read 15,807,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Yep, the Mario Lopez one is EXACTLY what I was referring to! I was looking for an event just like that... Not a club but a celeb hosted event with live acts. I only heard of this event when I saw the gigantic billboard on Highland. Not really into Cobra Starship tho so I decided not to go. Just staying at home o NYE cleaning my house.
bummer... shoulda gone to funky sole in Echo Park.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:57 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,363,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I prefer those televised NYE events where you have live (famous singers) and hosted by a celeb etc.
Obviously it's too late for this year, but if anyone is interested in this next year, I would look at On-Camera Audiences - they find the audiences for many TV shows - especially event type live shows. This year it looks like they did the audience for Fox's American Country New Year's Eve Special in Las Vegas. I've never been to one of their events on New Year's Eve, but I have been in the audience for live event shows on MTV, VH-1, and CBS, through them. The drawback is that you have to get there early, and be prepared to wait - but on the good side, there is no charge - it's all free - and usually you'll get a really good view! Front row or a few rows back is not uncommon.

As for New Year's Eve, in the past the major networks have done segments in LA - you'll be taping at 9PM, instead of midnight, but you can still head out to a club after the taping ends, if you want to be in a party atmosphere at midnight!

My advice for next year would be to watch what the major networks are doing for NYE - do a little googling! If you find out one or more is shooting in LA that night, then find out who is doing the audience - and get on their list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles