Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 AM

26 posts, read 114,061 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Just moved to the AV from Huntington Beach (job) and I am just wondering, WHAT IS THE NICEST APARTMENT COMPLEX IN LANCASTER/PALMDALE? I have no idea where to look, all I know is west side, but I want the newest, nicest, safest apartment complex. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 02:56 PM

158 posts, read 602,355 times
It's been a few years, but when my younger brother was looking for a place, the safest one was Park West on 30th West near Avenue L in Lancaster. I've also had several friends who lived in the Chaparral Apartments on 5th Street West south of Palmdale Blvd in Palmdale; it seemed like a nice enough place. Avoid the east side, and even some on the west side, especially anything near Gadsden Street. The further west you can go, the better. You can also try calling the sheriff station for Lancaster or the public safety department at the city of Palmdale (depending which city you're more interested in) and ask them what they recommend. Good luck to you.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 16,446 times
why lancaster? stay in hungt. beach there is no where safe

Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 PM

102 posts, read 511,453 times
I have lived in Lancaster/QuartzHill for eighteen years. I love it here. Anonymous people on the internet will try to deceive you thinking that it is a horrible place. It was a great place to grow up, and I would love to raise my future kids here as well. As a general rule you could say that the westside is nicer than the east. It is tough to say that across the board, there are some beautiful and very safe neighborhoods in East Lancaster. I have lived in West Lancaster/QuartzHill since my family transferred to Edwards Air Force Base. We live close to the college. Some of the nicest homes are around the college and west and south of there and into West Palmdale. You can find a whole range of homes here, from very affordable into the multi million dollar range. Most people move here because it is an affordable place to live and it still has a sense of community. Moderator cut: advertising There are some beautiful older neighborhoods with mature homes and trees, and there are many brand new developments, if that is what you fancy. As a general rule, I would say your nicer places to live would be west of 20th West or East of 20th East. You can also live further out in the country like Leona Valley or Antelope Acres, which are nice areas close by.

I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me with any other questions. No matter what people say, you will not get a good feel for the community, unless you check it out yourself.

Last edited by Count David; 09-26-2011 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 PM

7 posts, read 58,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbaak View Post
It's been a few years, but when my younger brother was looking for a place, the safest one was Park West on 30th West near Avenue L in Lancaster.
What he said. It's even safer now my ex wife doesn't live there

Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,729 times
I live on the West Side currently, in townhouses just minutes away from the college. We didn't get far enough west. Just make sure you visit and check them out in person before you move in. We thought for sure that we were getting a nicer, newer apartment community and I feel like we got one of the more distasteful ones. But we did mover here from out of state, from another big city, Seattle, WA. Having been here since mid last year, I'm no expert, but both cities have their good and bad. Check out the areas before you make the move and you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles