Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times

Advertisements

It's a glorified sandtrap. I lived in 29 Palms for a couple of years. Not the best years of my childhood.

It's freakin' hot, not much to do, nothing but sprawl with nothing appealing to see and did I mention it's freakin' hot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:50 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's a glorified sandtrap. I lived in 29 Palms for a couple of years. Not the best years of my childhood.

It's freakin' hot, not much to do, nothing but sprawl with nothing appealing to see and did I mention it's freakin' hot?
...Palmdale is not 29 Palms. They are actually quite a bit different!

Palmdale is a growing L.A. suburb 50 miles north of the City, 29 Palms is out in the middle of nowhere next to a US Marine Corps base.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1977 View Post
You seriously believe all Section 8 residents are all bad people? That's just being ignorant and very judgemental...

I can't believe the amount of people on this board that judge and think that low of all Section 8 residents, like they are vermon or something...Just a shame to think like that...
The cold, hard truth is that people make judgments on what they see and experience firsthand. Everyone knows that there are good people who happen to use Section 8. But lots of people have also had negative encounters with Section 8 renters who think the program is one more entitlement to add to the list and don't care about their neighbors or the quality of life of others who live around them.

If I used Section 8, I would be grateful to the taxpayers whose generosity allowed me to be on the program. I would extol my grateful attitude by making sure my rental unit/home was well-kept, that my children were behaved and not little hoodlums and I would not throw wild parties or blast loud music constantly.

Would I be your "average" Section 8 renter? I think you intrinsically know the answer despite your feigned outrage over supposedly "judgmental" people.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk92681 View Post
...Palmdale is not 29 Palms. They are actually quite a bit different!

Palmdale is a growing L.A. suburb 50 miles north of the City, 29 Palms is out in the middle of nowhere next to a US Marine Corps base.

WTF?

Damn.. LA is like a weed.. Full of mites that smoke weed..

Seriously though, if we were anything like L.A., I'd have a leg growing 50 miles away from me..

Sprawl.. Never knew that term til' I came to this site..

Old 09-22-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
WTF?

Damn.. LA is like a weed.. Full of mites that smoke weed..

Seriously though, if we were anything like L.A., I'd have a leg growing 50 miles away from me..

Sprawl.. Never knew that term til' I came to this site..

LA is one of the most sprawled metropolitan areas in the U.S., if not the world.

Ventura to Redlands and Lancaster to San Clamente is all part of the great, big Megalopolis known collectively as "Greater LA" ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles