Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 AM

108 posts, read 597,522 times

Advertisements

I've got comcast from San Francisco, and the 3 cities it scrolls through at the bottom are San Mateo, Redwood City and Foster City. I'm just wondering which are the main cities that have updates for L.A/SoCal? I've got a cable feed from L.A, but the weather channel is the only channel that doesn't work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
I've got comcast from San Francisco, and the 3 cities it scrolls through at the bottom are San Mateo, Redwood City and Foster City. I'm just wondering which are the main cities that have updates for L.A/SoCal? I've got a cable feed from L.A, but the weather channel is the only channel that doesn't work
Why are you calling this a quick question?
Bottom of what? ("it scrolls through at the bottom")
What does "which are the main cities that have updates for L.A/SoCal?" mean?
What is the difference between "I've got comcast from San Francisco" and "I've got a cable feed from L.A"?
What does "doesn't work" mean? ("the weather channel is the only channel that doesn't work")

Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why are you calling this a quick question?
Bottom of what? ("it scrolls through at the bottom")
What does "which are the main cities that have updates for L.A/SoCal?" mean?
What is the difference between "I've got comcast from San Francisco" and "I've got a cable feed from L.A"?
What does "doesn't work" mean? ("the weather channel is the only channel that doesn't work")
I'll use a picture to surmise what I meant:

This is what you'll see on the Weather Channel in San Francisco. Where I've circled in red cycles between 3 cities in the Bay Area - Redwood City, San Mateo, and Foster City. For those in L.A with this channel, which cities are displayed in the area I circled?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM

Default question about the weather channel coverage for L.A area

I posted this before, but no responses, so I'll put it back up. You know how the weather channel scrolls through all the cities in your local area? Like this:

Can someone please relay to me which cities are shown (when they switch to L.A area) on the L.A broadcast?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Usually they have 3 different weather reports. One for the LA basin (city) and Orange County, one for the Valley and Desert, and one for the Mountains. All three have different weather patterns. Not as much in winter, but summer is usually different.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Usually they have 3 different weather reports. One for the LA basin (city) and Orange County, one for the Valley and Desert, and one for the Mountains. All three have different weather patterns. Not as much in winter, but summer is usually different.
Thanks, it's a shame that I can only get the Bay Area weather channel, because I watch the CBS/KTLA traffic and weather reports like a hawk. Do they differentiate between high and low desert, or just lump them into the one category?

Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,921 times
What i find difficult is to find a forum post that can capture me for a minute but this one is different. Keep up your good works!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 AM

571 posts, read 1,932,458 times
Lol just wondering how come you want to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles