U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,472,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiiCii1994 View Post
we plan on transfering to UC Davis in which indeed we will purchase a car
UC Davis has more bikes on campus than any other school I've ever seen - few students there need to drive at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 PM

2,300 posts, read 4,232,801 times
I hope I'm not insulting you and I'm sure you've done your research, but why Pierce College in Southern Cal and UC Davis in upper Northern Cal? Bigdumbgod is correct Davis is very bike centric, where Pierce is more car dependent.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM

10 posts, read 13,494 times
It's ok,no insult taken. I find pierce to be more diverse in the veterinarian studies,also that it is the most popular college to transfer to UC Davis. I am also informed that in pierce if you keep your grades high you can go directly to your masters degree.Also the community in pierce seems very friendly.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:16 PM

2,300 posts, read 4,232,801 times
Quote:
It's ok,no insult taken. I find pierce to be more diverse in the veterinarian studies,also that it is the most popular college to transfer to UC Davis. I am also informed that in pierce if you keep your grades high you can go directly to your masters degree.Also the community in pierce seems very friendly.
Well one of my sons lives near Woodland Hills, which is close to Pierce and he found several affordable apartments in the area, so good luck to you.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:58 PM

10 posts, read 13,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Well one of my sons lives near Woodland Hills, which is close to Pierce and he found several affordable apartments in the area, so good luck to you.
Thank you,I hope so to!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM

6 posts, read 10,775 times
Hey CiiCii! I just moved in from Puerto Rico to Canoga Park. I dont know if you're still looking for help or not but hey, let me know. Let me tell you this, there are NO caribbeans around this area! LOL! It would be nice to meet a friendly face around here...

I just graduated from Engineering and began working in this insane awesome city!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM

7,551 posts, read 3,719,649 times
Alittle off topic.

I wanna know one thing, what do you think of Mexicans?

I just always wanted to know. I got nothing against you guys, infact I had friends in Chicago and we hung out like I do with other Mexicans.

I never understood the beef.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM

6 posts, read 10,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Alittle off topic.

I wanna know one thing, what do you think of Mexicans?

I just always wanted to know. I got nothing against you guys, infact I had friends in Chicago and we hung out like I do with other Mexicans.

I never understood the beef.
Were not Mexicans... If youre implying that puertoricans do not get along with mexicans well then let me tell you a story.

Every half assed latino that was born IN the states and NOT in the island and hates mexicans and proclaims himself puertorican or "boricua" is NOT a puertorican at all.... Its just another problem child with an identity crysis.

I would give an arm and a leg if I had to for my very close mexican friends that I met in the island.

There are some people that think that becuase their mother or father or great, great whatever, were in fact born and raised in the island, then that gives them the right to go about saying that they are puertorican and THEN you have them yelling down on mexicans and looking all macho and acting all ghetto.

Let me tell you, this is NOT a puertorican and they only stain my island's reputation for humbleness multi-cultural, ethnic acceptance.

So hey, to all those "boricuas" in chicago, new york and wherever that do not know a drop of spanish, are not lively, humble, party hungry and friendly with EVERYONE than sir, you are NO puertorican... youre, youre not even american... youre just some dude with a major identity problem....

Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 AM

4,020 posts, read 2,922,255 times
Quote:
Thanks,yes I have been investigating and I see that the public transportation is very efficient that a car is not really necessary,which is a relief in a colleg girls budget.Also I have seen that Los Angeles transportation is the 3rd most efficient in all of the U.S. I happen to know about public transportations because I was born and raised in New York and that is all we use...! Thanks!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is a dangerous conclusion to draw. A car is, in most cases, absolutely necessary in Los Angeles - especially in the Valley. If you live/work/go to school/shop along the Orange Line, you might be able to make it work, but it very rarely works that way. Coming from New York, you will be in for a rude awakening very fast. I have no idea who ranked L.A. the 3rd in anything that has to do with transportation, but I would take that with a huge salt lick (forget just a grain).

Just read your last post re Mexicans and Puerto Ricans. Great attitude, love to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles