U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM

29,100 posts, read 22,764,415 times

Advertisements

@1200RT - apparently you did not read my post carefully. I was entirely fair with my analysis and discourse. You seem to be the one who is biased - you always jump on my case when I explain that there are legal options for all citizens, and outline their rights under the law. An informed and educated citizenry is our primary defense against a tyrannical government - ensuring that government continues to only wield power given to them by the consent of the governed.

All I said was that since the OP was confused about the citation - it may have been unjustified - since blocking a roadway is clearly not a permissable action. I asked what the violation code number was so I could assist in the understanding of the alleged violation. I never attacked the motives of the officer - I only attacked the attitudes of certain individuals on this forum who think no LE personnel should ever be challenged.

As for your inference that i did not help the OP out - you ended your post with the exact request I made to the OP - tell us the code number. If it was not a muni code and actually CPC - I was leaning towards one of the 640 codes - disorderly conduct - a blanket area of the code which cna be used for just about anything (and often is!).

People - be educated and informed. Knowledge is power. Unions have taken over government agencies and have steered us away from the principle of "government of the people, by the people , for the people". Now it is "of the unions, by the unions, for the unions". Those who do not educate themselves about their rights and exercise them will quickly lose their liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM

6,663 posts, read 27,030,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajasamcooper View Post
My friend's 14yr old son just got an infraction for "standing in roadway" at 7pm. in Long Beach on residential street. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
The kids real crime was not giving a different name for the ticket. Not like he had a DL or state id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
It's a fairly simple matter. If you were legitimately cited, you pay the fine, learn your lesson and be done with it. However, if you have an issue with the citation, go to court and let yourself be heard.
I have argued it out with cops roadside and won often. If you go to court the judge will rule against you,, fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People - be educated and informed. Knowledge is power. Unions have taken over government agencies and have steered us away from the principle of "government of the people, by the people , for the people". Now it is "of the unions, by the unions, for the unions". Those who do not educate themselves about their rights and exercise them will quickly lose their liberty.
Well you are partially informed and seemed threatened by the thought of unions. Just think of them as a lobby force and you will be on the better track of understanding.

It is not the unions who have taken control of government but big businesses.
Big business wants a cheap uneducated work force. Big business wants a loose border for illegal migration. Big business has always owned congress and senate, that is what people with a lot of money do is go into politics.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,423,035 times
I can't speak for other law enforcement officers, but if you want to argue with me, you lose. Arguments belong in a court of law, not on the side of the road. In the 38 years I've been a police officer, I've had judges render their decisions for and against the defendant. Whether anyone likes it or not, that's how the system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or