U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 AM

3 posts, read 14,711 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Sylmar about 2 years ago to a beautiful 5 bedroom,3 bathroom pool house in what they would call the "Rancho Cascades" area of Sylmar,& I must say I'm very happy with our family's purchase! I've been noticing a lot of changes around the city in the past 2 years I've lived here. A lot more upper scale shopping centers are getting built and developed for example the one on Hubbard & Glenoaks which says its going to have a steak house and sushi resturant. Also the reconstruction of San Fernando Rd by the Train station has been reciving a face lift and according to city council so will the rest of San Fernando Rd. Between the private and gated communities,new shopping centers,and big,reconstructed homes ready for new families. I can strongly recommend Sylmar as a place to live and have a family if your one for the suburban feel of loving. I live on a beautiful street off Bledsoe and below San Fernando,its a great,quite,very family oriented neighborhood and love it! Definitely a place to look into for a great investment for the future.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:57 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,257,641 times
Just recently, I taught a couple courses at LA Mission College, and my wife's workplace was just a couple freeway exits from Hubbard.

Sylmar is not the best area of the SFV--the population and overall vibe seem to be a mix of Tujunga and Pacoima. Not as awful as either neighboring... just a bit milder.

My experience and observation.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 AM

1,527 posts, read 3,439,174 times
Yeah nice area..

Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM

3,905 posts, read 6,349,613 times
Sylmar is slowly improving but there are still areas of it to be avoided. Fresh & Easy did open a store there which is good. Overall its still a better area than Pacoima but that's not really saying much.lol

Old 01-03-2012, 10:52 AM

2,431 posts, read 2,940,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Sylmar is slowly improving but there are still areas of it to be avoided. Fresh & Easy did open a store there which is good. Overall its still a better area than Pacoima but that's not really saying much.lol
I worked in the area during 2005. I cant say I was that impressed. Maybe living there is much different. But it seemed to be a rather bland are of the Valley. And to be fair, maybe I confused it with San Fernando next door. Glad to hear that positive development is happening though.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielzavalahill View Post
A lot more upper scale shopping centers are getting built and developed for example the one on Hubbard & Glenoaks which says its going to have a steak house and sushi resturant.
Okay, maybe a sushi joint will do some good business. But I do not see a steakhouse going over well in that part of the valley. Very few people around there would be willing to put out 15 to 21 dollars for a steak.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:52 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,692,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Okay, maybe a sushi joint will do some good business. But I do not see a steakhouse going over well in that part of the valley. Very few people around there would be willing to put out 15 to 21 dollars for a steak.
A Mexican or South American steakhouse?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
A Mexican or South American steakhouse?
Sylmar and the surrounding area is largely low income hispanic. Those people are not going to pop out money for something that they can make themselves.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 PM

831 posts, read 577,722 times
I hate those horse riders especially round the county hospital (olive view) i drive my wife there 2-3x a week and those morons crosses the road even when its pitch dark, they are idiots, they dont even attempt to wear any high vision clothing of the sort.

I see meals on wheel truck all the time by those apartment complexes by the industrial complexes every night.

I am not impressed by sylmar one bit, not a place you want to be at night.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:09 AM

3 posts, read 14,711 times
It really isn't a bad area. You can walk up & down the street just fine. The area is under Gentrification slowly and many new young families are moving in and are picking up the city. I've never had a problem in the streets and hardly hear about crime in my area. The area of Sylmar I live in is definitely well maintained area and wouldn't classify it as a low income hispanic community,its still pretty diverse and you definitely see all different classes of people. It's a very quiet place in my opinion. Everyone here seems to mind there own. And my neighbors are very friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles