U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,500,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Apparently, the Burkhart's are suspected of burning their house down in Germany and submitting an insurance claim the next day.
Maybe darling son didn't understand that they couldn't get insurance checks for torching other people's cars and homes...whoops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 02:22 PM

17,640 posts, read 16,415,784 times
Shervin Lalezary, the reserve deputy who caught the suspected arsonist, sounds like a very humble man.
Reserve deputy who caught arson suspect shuns spotlight - latimes.com

Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,618,371 times
Germany to pay for this? LOL, Burkharts turned out to be Chechen, originally from Chechnya...I guess one can try billing Chechnya now?
No surprises here knowing where he came from. The place where human guts were hanging off house fences.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:23 PM

17,444 posts, read 24,737,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
Germany to pay for this? LOL, Burkharts turned out to be Chechen, originally from Chechnya...I guess one can try billing Chechnya now?
No surprises here knowing where he came from. The place where human guts were hanging off house fences.
They were ethnic Germans and thus under German immigration laws they were eligible for German citizenship which they recieved. Most likely the family wound up in Chechnya due to Stalin shuffling ethnic minority groups around the USSR...

Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
They were ethnic Germans and thus under German immigration laws they were eligible for German citizenship which they recieved. Most likely the family wound up in Chechnya due to Stalin shuffling ethnic minority groups around the USSR...
They weren't really ethnic Germans. The mother claimed to have some partial German ancestry in her, however, being from these regions myself--FYI/for naive Westerners--I know how these things are done: out there, people pay a few bucks and government clerks make them papers claiming ancestry. You can buy papers stating you were threatened or assaulted based on your national origin as well (police report, doctors' notes), which is usually necessary for asylum claims. It's not that hard to buy papers there, considering that in Chechnya you also can order a person murdered or kidnapped for relatively "low rate". Most asylum claims in the US and Europe are based on fraud. They tried to immigrate into the US from Germany (probably to get on the US welfare while conducting underground business) based on claims of harassment by neo-Nazi affiliates in Germany. Well, it's not really possible to buy substantiating papers in Germany, too bad. The question if she really did have German blood, partially, is a really shaky one. I think they claimed that they were harassed in Germany because they were non-Germans, actually, and this was the basis of their US asylum claim.
People from there are very, very desperate (quite understandably--this is the region that, since 1990, had sustained ethnic cleansings against different nationalities plus 2 brutal wars and is one step short of explosion even now)... once, I had a Chechen resident steal my documents, in Los Angeles, and claim they were me, using my papers.
A person born and grown in Chechnya will be affected by the region's horrible situation, whatever their genes/inherent mix of nationalities is, this is unavoidable. Chechens, Ingush, Dagi, Russians, Ukrainians, Germans, Jews, Tatar, and everyone in between has suffered equally there.

Last edited by alexxiz; 01-08-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles