Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times

Advertisements

Zillow isn't entirely accurate.

I'd check Redfin.

Searching sold homes from the past three months, theres two in Brentwood that sold at $850K or less. One did not have pictures which almost 100% means it was an all cash fixer. The other....its tiny...2bd/1ba, and I'm not sure its actually located in Brentwood.

And its a pain in the rear end drive to Venice mostly because the traffic between there and Venice is horrible. Still might not take more than 1/2 hour though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,768 times
El Segundo born and raised! I'm actually moving due to job relocation however I have four children and currently live in El Segundo. I'm going to have to say my vote would be El Segundo and here is why. First off you can walk anywhere in town at midnight and not have to worry about getting mugged, or anything bad happening to you. You will have to worry about the police stopping you and asking you what you are doing and making sure you are a resident. Wonderful police force. Wonderful fire department! Wonderful parks and rec! Unbelievable kid friendly town! Let me just give you a few things that as far as I know the other town do not have. 4th of July firework show (free) along with a daytime festival on the fourth for kids and family! Free! Outstanding extremely well kept parks all around town! Summertime outdoor park pool, residents are free. Well you pay $10.00 a year to use all the city facilities! That's nothing! You can play tennis, basketball, baseball, host picnics, etc! Don't forget the indoor pool (plunge) who offers free swim in the off months tues/thurs/fri night and Saturday afternoon! Summer months the plunge in open the hours listed before plus daily for two hours of free swim. Free! The plunge is also open to residents for lap swim again free! So you want to go to the beach and not drive! There is the beach shuttle (free) that drops you and picks you up from the beach in the summer months. You can also walk right down grand and there you are at the beach! Movie night in the park at chevron, concert in the park at library park! The parks and rec also offer child classes however those are additional costs! After looking at the cost of classes where we are moving El Segundo's classes are cheap! We live in the middle of town and walk everywhere! AYSO, little league etc! Amazing town/ amazing people! Don't forget the amazing schools and the fact that El Segundo is it's own school district! And yes you can walk to those as well! There is so much more that is great! El Segundo is SAFE!!!!!!!! People often say that the police force get paid to much because they do not do enough for their salary! They think because El Segundo is so saddened are not earning their salary! I beg to differ! El Segundo is safe because of our police force! They don't allow things to happen here that happen other places and they stop it before it becomes a problem! They do a lot which is why it is so safe! Just make sure and move your car for street sweeping! Lol! ES has easy freeway access. Downside airport. You do get used to it and it's really not that bad especially since most homes have the airport windows installed or are on the list to be installed. It's not that bad and you don't even realize they are there after a while. Also that is only in certain locations! El Segundo is SAFE! You do not really know the residential area is there unless you are specifically looking for it, live in it or just happen to drive into town on accident! 850K will get you in a very nice home in El Segundo in a good location as long as you are not in a rush! Buying a home should not be a rush decision anyway but you can find a nice home in a great location in El Segundo! You won't have to pay for private schools either! It's an amazing town to raise children. It's difficult to find towns like ES now days! Now looking at this situation from a real estate investment point of view, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach area is going to be your best bet in my opinion! Often people who can't afford MB will come to ES if they can afford ES. Although everywhere has been affected ES and MB are going strong and you are more likely to get you investment back and or make money off the deal! I personally would not move to culver city. There are nice areas don't get me wrong, I know LA extremely well! However I would never invest in a city where there are bad areas! Also culver city, investing wise I personally do not feel would be your best choice! Now that being said there are other areas besides El Segundo that are very nice and I would feel safe in! I personally like what the city has to offer especially for children, love being 5 minutes from the beach, but yet easy access to the freeway to get anywhere else I need to go! Honestly if you have any questions please feel free to send me a message! Good luck!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbunch6 View Post
Also culver city, investing wise I personally do not feel would be your best choice!
The Expo Line's going to make Culver City as expensive as Santa Monica and Beverly Hills....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles