Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Buses (2 Bus - Sunset Blvd and 4 Bus - Santa Monica Blvd) on and adjacent to the Strip run 24/7.
That's nice of them...looks like the 2 only runs once an hour, the 4 every 30 minutes. Getting a bus or train after about 10pm SUCKS...even if they run every 30 minutes you're standing out there forever, then you get on and it's full of weirdos, I tried it once in San Francisco at 2am, and it was baaaaad. I suppose in NYC where getting a train at 2am is normal and the trains run somewhat frequently it's alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 AM

67 posts, read 128,329 times
You need a car. Mass Transit sucks here. Lines don't criss cross like NYC and everything is sprawled all over. Majority of people who uses mass Transit are either low income or homeless. It's not like NYC where everybody rides subway. Might feel little apprehensive especially at night. Just rent a car if you are visiting.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM

40 posts, read 46,722 times
Rent a car. The night life in LA is amazing as long as you are on THE LIST for all the hip clubs. There are also a live music

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM

91 posts, read 134,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
About the only thing greater than my desire to see LA develop its mass transit as thoroughly and as soon as possible is my pity for licensed drivers enfeebled at the prospect of driving a car anywhere in the United States. Its a car. Left-sided steering columns, GPS. As already said, plan ahead and avoid unnecessary travel. The chances of you getting car-jacked are about as good as the Knicks advancing past the second round of the playoffs. You can do this.

Nightlife here is tremendous; anybody who says otherwise simply has no idea what they are talking about. The city does not reveal its charms easily to visitors, which tend to be clustered in nodes spread over a very large area. I've cut down considerably, but I still prefer old school Hollywood, and live music. There are thousands of resources to research this.

Oh, make sure to carry $100 cash at all times when for you do get carjacked.

Have fun!
Such heroic nonsense with your so-called fancy text terminologies.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times
thread is from 2012, and OP never posted again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles