U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 12,953 times

Advertisements

Hello, i was thinking of buying a home here in the valley and im not very familiar with the valley so i was driving through the area to see the homes. I drove down Lauryn canyon when i got off of the 101 and went down all the way to a freeway to the north but i didn't pass it because i didn't want to go too far. i looked at Google maps to try to find out where i was driving when i got home and from that i can tell you i went all the way up to Oxnard. then made a left until i hit Coldwater Canyon. then back down to Burbank. i went through that neighborhood between Oxnard and Burbank and the homes are just beautiful and breathtaking with such clean streets and plush lawns. i seen a few houses for sale but they looked like million dollar houses so i didn't even take a second look. i looked up some of the addresses and my phone said North Hollywood and Valley Village so im not sure what area i was in. Then i went back down Lauryn Canyon past Burbank and looked at some of the houses by Chandler street. the houses over there are really nice too with nice gardens and very greenly and clean. most importantly they look more affordable then where i was. i found a few homes for sale in the area but for some reason i didn't bother to get the numbers and i cant pinpoint the streets. i went past Chandler after that and ran into mostly apartments until i went past magnolia, but then the homes got a little scary for my purse again. So i want to know basically is the area i found the homes at by Chandler a good area and what kind of people live here? how is the shopping? im a single woman by the way so im not concerned about schools...for now at least
Thank you for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 AM

448 posts, read 1,539,224 times
Hi there. What will help us steer you in the right direction is giving us more of an idea what kind of neighborhood you are looking for. For example, do you want lots of options for cafes, bars, dancing, entertainment, etc or are you looking for a laid back, mostly residential neighborhood?

Can you give us a sense of how much you're willing to spend?

It sounds like (from what I can gather), you're looking for a primarily residential area where people keep their lawns tidy and you get the best bang for your buck. The neighborhoods you're referencing by intersection are primarily the Valley Glen and Valley Village portions of North Hollywood. They are very family friendly and yes, there is a pride of ownership in those areas. With that, you will see higher prices than other portions of North Hollywood that haven't been tapped as quickly by the flippers.

In general, if you start at Oxnard and work your way south, in North Hollywood, you will get good bang for your buck.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles