Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM

54 posts, read 312,522 times

Advertisements

How exciting HmmMocha !!!!

You must be climbing the walls to get out of NY, I know I'd be if I were you .... and before winter hits that's the best

I was in LA 3 months ago and I miss it SO MUCH

Lots of luck with the apartment hunt and move. Let us know how it goes once you're settled in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM

31 posts, read 384,084 times
Default Good luck!

Fill us in on what happens! If I ever move out there (or move someplace else), I'm getting rid of all my furniture and as much as possible of my other things so I don't have to go through what you're going to go through with finding a mover.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,794 times
Well you will sure find better weather here, but don't move here if you love snow, because you won't see it, unless you drive to the mountains. We have dry summers, while New York has the damp and humid summers, which some people love and some people would rather do without.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM

31 posts, read 384,084 times
I hate snow and also hate humidity (grew up in S. Florida), so Los Angeles pretty much eliminates both problems.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 PM

54 posts, read 312,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funyun View Post
I hate snow and also hate humidity (grew up in S. Florida), so Los Angeles pretty much eliminates both problems.
Same here. Hate both with a passion. Snow is great and all unless you have to commute through it. YUCK !!!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 PM

6 posts, read 13,515 times
Congratulations!! You will find something!!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 PM

17 posts, read 48,846 times
Thanks everyone! Snow is not my thing so I won't miss that about NY.
I’m almost done packing. I have to make a decision about the movers , the latest, Friday. I fell I’m down to the wire really. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope I don’t have more trouble find a place with the recent fires happening out there. You know, landlords taking advantage of that and raising rents or something. This doesn’t deter me form moving. I feel for all those people. Such a sad thing. Yes, I know, in a perfect world, the good thing is they still have there lives but still people tend to care a lot about their "stuff", mementoes that can’t be replaced or that dream house they’ve always dreamed of and just attained.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HmmMocha View Post
Thanks everyone! Snow is not my thing so I won't miss that about NY.
I’m almost done packing. I have to make a decision about the movers , the latest, Friday. I fell I’m down to the wire really. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope I don’t have more trouble find a place with the recent fires happening out there. You know, landlords taking advantage of that and raising rents or something. This doesn’t deter me form moving. I feel for all those people. Such a sad thing. Yes, I know, in a perfect world, the good thing is they still have there lives but still people tend to care a lot about their "stuff", mementoes that can’t be replaced or that dream house they’ve always dreamed of and just attained.

thanks for keeping us posted. who thinks hmmmocha found a spot in LA? i myself thinks she is still in NY

Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM

17 posts, read 48,846 times
Oh ye of little faith, Clone. I just came back from LA this evening. I FOUND A PLACE !!!! Yeah! Thank goodness. I looked into a car, another added expense. I have to tweek my budget a little. Next step is for movers to pick up my stuff. Wow, all this moving stuff is really expensive. I don't know how some people do it often. Even with all this nothing can deter me. LA here I come !

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Good luck to you. I was a NY to LA transplant. I can't say too much derogatory about LA, except that it just wasn't "my thing".

Moving is horrendous. Just did it (out of West Hollywood) 3 months ago. I'm thinking I should re-think my "3 year, big move" plan that I have going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles