U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM

927 posts, read 2,345,270 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I accepted a new job in West Hollywood! I am currently living off Westwood and Pico, near Westside Pavillion. I'm looking for the quickest way to get from West LA to Sunset... near House of Blues.

Even though the distance is only 6 miles, I'm curious on how long it'll take me to make the commute in the morning. With traffic, whats the best way to get there? Santa Monica BLVD has so many poorly timed lights, I'm wondering if there might be a better route.

I need to be there by 9am and I'll be leaving around 6pm. Is Santa Monica BLVD the best route, or is there a quicker way?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM

4,132 posts, read 9,900,209 times
Not long - 15-30 minutes.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 PM

7,196 posts, read 20,770,661 times
santa monica blvd is a disaster with traffic into beverly hills and century city. i would take olympic to doheny or la cienega to get to sunset. the good news is that the drive isn't too far, so you can try out different options and it won't waste too much of your time.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 7,636,471 times
The distance itself isnt bad but you are driving through one of the most congested parts of LA.

Santa Monica Blvd is always a nightmare especialy in beverly hills.

I would take Olympic to Century Park West, left, up to Santa Monica Blvd (the distance between SMB and Olympic is shortest in Century City), go on Santa Monica Blvd briefly.... the traffic buildups at the absurdly slow light at Wilshire, so you can turn left into the Beverly Hilton and divert north to Whittier. Whittier will connect you to Sunset quickly, and Sunset is usually fast until you hit Doheny Dr or San Vicente (by then you're pretty much at work).

Or just do Olympic to Doheny like the above poster said. Only problem with that is the distance between Olympic and Sunset is easily 10-15 minutes alone in moderate traffic. So try the above route. The turn on to the Beverly Hilton isnt a light but its before the intersection iwth wilshire

Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM

12,823 posts, read 22,456,681 times
Ride a bike! Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles