Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 12,074 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I will be moving into an apartment in North Hollywood on Clybourn Ave that's south of Victory and north of Burbank Blvd. The neighborhood seemed relatively quiet and pretty laid back when we visited, but after further research, it seems like this area might be more dangerous than I previously thought. Can anyone that's familiar with this neighborhood maybe weigh in on what it's like to live here? It seems cool and its really close to Burbank but a few nerves are creeping in after a little more research.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon!

(The Clybourn strip I'll be on is south of Bob Hope Airport, too, if that helps at all. Thanks again!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:30 AM

76 posts, read 236,554 times
Is it north of Burbank blvd or north of Oxnard st? This part of NoHo is still in transition, so it may be a bit gritty, but it's not dangerous. Just use common sense as you would anywhere in Los Angeles.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 12,074 times
Yeah, its just north of both Oxnard and Burbank. I've heard from most people to either stay south of Victory or to even stay south of Oxnard. But the place I'm in seems right in the middle of those two recommendations.

Originally, I'm from some smaller towns in New Mexico so I'm kind of used to things like gang violence and widespread meth usage being visible issues, but LA seems like it would have a more intense problem than what I'm used to since the city is so large and much more anonymous.

But, like you said, it didn't really feel dangerous when we checked everything out, so I might just be a little paranoid right now, lol.

Thanks for the response, too!

Last edited by ArcadeBlaze; 05-11-2012 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 05-12-2012, 12:04 AM

49 posts, read 159,644 times
You should be generally fine. As long as you stay south of Victory (with exception to Burbank near by) at all times then you should be good. I used to work at Target over there and walked home to VV all the time and i felt pretty safe. Just use common since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles